Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2009 20:00

Are Drivers available for Win 7 Build 7100 and Dell 3000CN ?

I  Just moved from Vista 32 bit to Win 7 RC Build 7100 using a USB connection and now my trusty old 3000cn no longer will print. I downloaded the latest drivers under vista 32 bit and used these for Win 7 . But when I tried to print--- nothing prints and the yellow light on the 3000cn  control panel turns on (Malfuntion?) and also none of the panel buttons work !

To clear the Error light I turned the printer off. When I turned it back on the yellow light is now off.  But still will not print anything .

It works fine under Vista 32 bit  using a USB connection so I give up.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 8th, 2009 11:00

larhome,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

There are no Windows 7 drivers from Dell at this time.

1.7K Posts

June 10th, 2009 07:00

I would seriously doubt that Dell will release any 3000cn drivers for Windows7...... that's an old printer.

The best we can hope for would be a Universal driver AFTER Windows7 is released.

1.7K Posts

June 11th, 2009 07:00

I emailed a buddy of mine at Dell.....

It appears they do plan to have drivers for the 3000cn (and it's sister's) for Windows-7, but not until late October*. Dell usually doesn't release peripheral drivers until they start shipping the O/S too.

(* I was reminded this is subject to change.)

1 Message

February 3rd, 2010 10:00

Drivers have YET to be released for Win 7 (will they ever?).  I purchased a new computer w Win 7 Pro 64bit and the printer gets squirrelly when I try to print envelopes - basically it won't print them and then won't print anything else.  Reset NVRAM helps, but only for the next print job, then the printer malfunctions again.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?

No Events found!