Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2014 08:00

B1163/W - Google Cloud Print Stopped Working

I have a B1163/W multi-function printer that I set up for my parents to use with their Chromebook which prints through Google Cloud Print. It has been working since October, but last week it stopped working. 

Google Cloud Print always shows the printer offline. I can access the printer via the wireless network at their house with no problem. However, when I click the Test Connection button through the printer's Google Cloud Print option, the GCP Connection Test fails with an "Operation Error" when attempting to connect to the google.com Server.

I can print wirelessly to the printer from a Windows laptop that I brought to their house. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

105 Posts

April 17th, 2014 03:00

Hi Mgtygrond,

Here are some suggestions that I hope will help you:

•  Check if you are running the latest beta version of Google Chrome.
  •  Check if Printing services is enabled in Windows and running.
  •  Check if printer is on and connected to your PC 
  •  Check if Google Cloud Print is compatible with your Google Apps account.Try switching to a gmail or google account and see if it identifies the attached printer.

73 Posts

August 20th, 2014 13:00

Same here.  It used to work.  My B1163w used to work with Google Cloud Print and now it doesn't.  And there hasn't been any firmware update for this printer.  Any ideas?

2 Posts

August 20th, 2014 14:00

So I actually went out and bought a Samsung CloudPrint ready printer and swapped it out. Worked for about 3 days, then did the exact same thing as the Dell. The issue is either on the Google side, or with the interface on the printer to CloudPrint, as both printers have exactly the same interface for that.

I had to break down and get a Windows computer for my folks so I could just hardwire it in. My conclusion is that Google CloudPrint is just not good enough for prime time.

I did ask for help on the Google side and they were not able to resolve the issue either.

73 Posts

August 24th, 2014 22:00

Supposedly, it's an expired certificate in the firmware that won't allow it to connect to Google Cloud Print.  Until the firmware is updated with a non-expired certificate, Google Cloud Print is useless.

1 Message

August 30th, 2015 06:00

Expired certificate here too on my c2665dnf, since MAY - DELL need to sort this with a new firmware update with renewed certificate, or better yet add a facility in the print server to manage trusted certs,,  

Cummon Dell... this is very basic stuff..

No Events found!