Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2014 10:00

B2375dfw Administrator privileges

I have a B2375dfw Dell mono all-in-one printer. The printer requires me to log in to do several things on the printer itself. This is a home printer -- I wish I could eliminate the login.

I have created a login with custom menus and stuff, but this new login does not have administrator privileges (on the printer -- not a window login). Is there a way to assign admin privileges to a user account?

5 Posts

December 6th, 2014 18:00

I hope you stick with it. I am very satisfied with the printer. It's only two problems are poor documentation and a bunch of features are restricted to the administrator account. As you found out there is no way to figure out how to set up the administrator account.

I found a random message board through Google that explained this. Sorry I can't give credit to the original source.

Login with a user name of admin and a password of admin.

2 Posts

March 28th, 2016 20:00

Now that I got the ADMIN password accepted when I try to set the clock or DST it says ACCESS DENIED!  What is the return policy on this machine?

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

October 10th, 2014 11:00

Hello EMELLAICH,

Thank you for posting to the forum. This model is designed for small and medium businesses that require certain levels of security. That being so you are not able to fully disable all security on this unit. You can however set it to a bare minimum that will likely satisfy your needs.

On page 73 of the user guide you will find information on how to change and understand the following recommended settings. Under settings for security for the mode set it to basic and the method to standard accounting only.  The third item to change will be found under accounting, set this option to no accounting.

Once these settings have been made you should only have to enter admin credentials for advanced settings changes, but not such things as tray settings or basic scan/copy features.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_printers_main/esuprt_printers_mono_laser/dell-b2375dfw_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf  

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

3 Posts

December 6th, 2014 10:00

I also tried what you suggested to the previous customer about the security settings on page 73 of the manual.  That process just takes me to the user login screen again and again im stuck.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2014 10:00

I just got this printer.  Its working but I'm having a really hard time setting it up.  Initially the date and time were set wrong and i cannot get back in to reset them.  I set up a user profile and it says access denied when i try to go into "Initial setup".  How do i log in as the Administrator?  I even tried the factory reset option and it does nothing?????

Help....I thought I was pretty computer savvy, never been stumped by a printer before.

5 Posts

December 6th, 2014 18:00

Joseph, since I just answered another user's question I thought I would also offer feedback about a problem with the printer and it's admin setup -- even if you are a small business.

When I have a power disruption the mfp restarts before the wireless network is back up. Once it starts up without a network it never rechecks at a later date. You can force it to rescan by hitting the wireless network button or by entering the settings menu. Unfortunately, you have to be an administrator to do either of these.

This means that non administrator users have to power off and then back on the printer after every power interruption. You don't really want average users turning the printer on and off every time they think it's not working right. They will end up messing with print jobs of other users.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2014 09:00

EMELLAICH , thanks for your help! That worked.  Would be nice if Dell would print that in the manual.

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 10:00

Thanks, folks.  I had all the same problems with setup, which were resolved with inputting "admin" in the use name and as the password.  Shame that such a basic setup issue isn't explained in any of the literature (at least I couldn't find it, not even in the user manual).

2 Posts

March 28th, 2016 20:00

I think the lack of documentation is criminal...  It caused me an enormous waste of time trying to get through to support chat.  I cannot talk on a phone.  I did finally find this and I'm happy to have FINALLY been able to.  But what, pray tell, would you do if you wanted to change the ADMIN password?  Call China?

1 Message

May 12th, 2020 23:00

I found on mine that I had to use user name of admin all lower case.

I had to use the password ADMIN all upper case for the unit to accept it.

I also had to reset the machine to do this as it would not accept this after I had created another user account.

No Events found!