Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 09:00

C1760nw Printer

I have a Dell C1760nw printer and it has started to print text only in grey instead of black. I have tried all of the solutions suggested in the manual - changing black toner cartridge, cleaning everything etc to no avail. I have noticed that in the printer preferences dialogue box, the "halftone" selection button is set to on and it won't let me change it ! The printer is only two years old and I have lots of cartridges so any help would be gratefully received!!

• 

16.7K Posts

July 24th, 2018 05:00

hofnerbass,

Try the steps below to see if they will resolve the color issue.

From Windows 10 (probably similar for other versions), go to
   Settings/
   Printers and Scanners/ 
select your printer, then click on 'Manage'.

A Properties dialog box opens. In the General tab, select Preferences

A Preferences dialog box opens. In the Graphics tab, under Image Adjustment Mode,
select ICM Adjustment System.

Apply/ OK/ OK

Try printing a test page

July 25th, 2018 02:00

Hi Jesse L,

Many thanks - I'm running Windows 8 but I went through the process you suggested - sadly it didn't work. I've noticed that in the print dialogue box in the "Others" section the "Halftone" option is permanently set to on and I can't change it no matter what I do - could this be the reason why it is always printing in light grey?

Many thanks

Hofnerbass

September 28th, 2018 22:00

while we can be given a print command from my Dell laptop to my Epson printer I am unable to print a document it can use only grey ink instead of black. I have lost the originality of my printing document. I am unhappy to use it then we can get one link Epson technical Support that provides the information of a real problem.  

1 Message

November 15th, 2019 07:00

Hello, I am not understood how to connect my Epson printer to a Dell Pc. I search on google for that and I got help from Epson Printer Service, I really thank them. they really a good helper without taking more time.

1 Message

February 28th, 2021 17:00

If you've tried everything and your Dell c1760nw still will not print black...  

After days of trouble shooting using methods found on various boards and websites, this method fixed my Dell c1760nw printer that had been printing light gray instead of black:

Unplug the printer.  Tip the printer on its side with the toner door on top.  Lift the printer three inches off of a hard (concrete is best) floor.  Drop the printer.  Put printer back into its normal working position, and plug it back in.

The site below is where I found this method:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/430464/What+is+error+009-654+on+dell+printer+c1660#answer445316

March 8th, 2021 17:00

This did not work for me.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 24th, 2024 03:30

I had the same issue. color  prints fine, but black was printing as gray all of a sudden. Ive had this printer for  8 years, it has working great and I wasn't going to give up on it. Well I FIXED THE PROBLEM!:

If you're using an off brand toner, there is a setting on the printer to set it to "non Dell toner", which is what I've always used. It worked fine before, the gray print issue was just recent. Anyhow, change this setting and Voila! it prints in dark black again! Go to panel thingy on the actual printer, press Menu, go to Admin Menu, then Maintenance, then scroll to "nonDell toner" and switch to "On"

Also make sure your Dellc1760 Printing Preferences has the "image options" "toner save" option set to "off", but this is a given, you still have to do the above. 

I know why Dell isnt really answering this question, it has to do with the nonDell toner. But I hope I helped someone avoid adding another printer to the landfill. 

(edited)

No Events found!