Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2014 03:00

C2665dnf, Office 365 email settings

Hi

I'm having real troubles getting the e-mail server settings working on my printer. I've input all the SMTP settings (smtp.office365.com port 587) and the username and password into the relevant boxes but all that happens is I get the message "Unable to connect".  I know that office365 uses TLS - so I've ensure that SSL/TLS is enabled under SMTP security. So - anyone come across this problem before with office365 (it was working fine until we migrated to office365 earlier this year)? Also does anyone know if I can get more data as to why it's unable to connect - it's hard to troubleshoot when we only get a one-liner message!

Screenshot of settings attached.....

Thanks

1 Attachment

2 Posts

October 5th, 2015 12:00

Hello. There is some definite confusion about how Dell scanners connect to 3rd party SMTP - including Office 365 and Gmail. Unfortunately, you have to configure more than just the email server settings on this page. Here is how we got it working: www.proweb-solutions.net/.../how-to-setup-dell-mfp-scan-to-email-to-office-365

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 10th, 2014 10:00

Hello SCHALER,

Thank you for posting to the forum. Before configuring the SMTP settings on the printer, follow the instructions for configuring an SMTP relay in Office 365 .

Once you have setup the SMTP relay, you will follow the normal process for a scan to e-mail setup.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

2 Posts

October 14th, 2014 07:00

I have followed all the instructions specified in the SMTP Relay section. This would mean I do not need to specify the login or password as the ip is trusted.

What do I enter in the section that asks for POP and SMTP authentication?

here is what I have:

E-Mail Server Settings

Primary SMTP Gateway

SMTP Port Number

(1 ~ 65535)

E-Mail Send Authentication

Invalid  POP before SMTP (Plain)  POP before SMTP (APOP)  SMTP AUTH (Plain)  SMTP AUTH (Login)  SMTP AUTH (CRAM-MD5) *SMTP AUTH (AUTO)

SMTP Login User

SMTP Login Password

Re-enter SMTP Login Password

POP3 Server Address

POP3 Port Number

(1 ~ 65535)

POP User Name

POP User Password

Re-enter POP User Password

Reply Address

(Sent with every E-Mail)

SMTP Server Connection

Connection pending until printer sends an alert

2 Posts

October 14th, 2014 07:00

posting the image again

3 Posts

September 19th, 2018 05:00

And set SMTP Auth to Auto.

3 Posts

September 19th, 2018 05:00

SOLUTION POINTS TO DEAD SERVER, SO, solution follows:

1) Go to Print Server Settings, Security, SSL/TLS.  Choose STARTTLS.

Above has to be enabled.

2) Print Server Settings, E-mail Server:

Type

Server Address

Port

POP Server (SSL)

outlook.office365.com

Outbound Servers:

Type

Server Address

Port

SMTP Server (SSL)

smtp.office365.com

12 Posts

December 4th, 2018 10:00

This works, thanks so much!

1 Message

April 28th, 2020 14:00

This should be the selected answer. This works. Hours of frustration, gone. Thank you.

No Events found!