Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 7th, 2007 04:00

Can't download Vista driver for 922

I have a new Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Basic on it.  I have set up a network and can share files easily but nothing on the 922 printer.  I cannot download the Vista Drivers.  When the drivers download it seems fine then all of a sudden I get a message that the printer driver did not download and it was interrupted by the user.    I am able to get the scanner working from it and the software looks correct but then I get a message when I try to print that it is not communicating.  This is directly connecting the Toshiba to the 922.

I normally have the AIO connected to my Dell Dimension desktop with XP home but have thee same problem there.  When I get to the point of downloading drivers, I can't get the Vista drivers on the Toshiba. 
This is now 3 weeks ongoing.  Help please.

14 Posts

August 7th, 2007 22:00

hi nyrnd,
did you try installing drivers for your printer from support.dell.com? You can download there from there, save on your desktop and start installation from that file. When downloading from support.dell.com, make sure you have the proper Operating System chosen for drivers (different drivers for XP and Vista)

72 Posts

August 8th, 2007 02:00

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I did download from the Dell site.  Unfortunately it did not work. 

14 Posts

August 8th, 2007 18:00

there is a few ways to downloa drivers from support.dell.com - as soon as you will find drivers, you can click on "download now" next to the name of the driver or click on the name of the driver, get more detailed page with supported OS and instructions to download and click "download now" from there. sometimes the first "download now" doesn't work, but download from detailed driver webpage does. Did you try both ways and still you cannot download it?
Do you get any error messages?
Can you download the same file using different computer, copy file to USB flash drive or CD and install on yout toshiba comp?

72 Posts

August 8th, 2007 20:00

Thank you.  I did try several ways and several times.  Finally using chat the problem is resolved.  Seems they needed to make registry changes on a rather new laptop with Vista.
No Events found!