Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

October 27th, 2019 07:00

Catalina and MFP H625CDW

Does Dell have plans to upgrade drive to meet Mac OS Catalina requirements? I can print using driver updated in Feb. 2019 but scanner function does not work.

2 Posts

November 5th, 2019 15:00

I have the same problem and found no solution yet

3 Posts

November 15th, 2019 16:00

I also have the same problem.  Scanner worked fine on my MFP H625cdw until I upgraded to Catalina.  Printer works but when I try to access the scanner through the System Preferences --> Printers & Scanners --> click on printer in list --> click on "Scan" --> click "Open Scanner" it just hangs with the message "Waiting for scanner..." 

20 Posts

November 23rd, 2019 22:00

Hey guys, I have a C2665dnf which still prints, but won't scan with Catalina. I tried this and it worked. Maybe it'll work for your printer too?

1st, plug the C2665dnf into your mac via USB cable. Then on the printer's control panel (the one on the physical printer, not the one on your mac), swipe left to "Scan to PC". Select your scan options there and click "Scan".

On my MacBook, when the printer started scanning, a little box popped up that said "ScanButton Manager". When it was finished, Preview opened with a scan from the printer.

Not ideal, but it works!

One more thing: if you do a spotlight search for ScanButton it will let you open the app where you can set the destination folder of the scans you make this way.

November 28th, 2019 09:00

I would like a solution to this as well.  I have a C3765.

2 Posts

December 24th, 2019 03:00

Thank you LadySun for the trick.

Unfortunately I'm using my scanner through wifi and it's a pity not being able to use it anymore.

My own workaround is scanning via a Windows virtual machine on my macOS

I'm looking for another scanner in replacement; I previously used Brother which was faster and more professional; do you have experience with other brands and macOS ?

3 Posts

January 21st, 2020 13:00

you are right.  It is kludgy but it works.  Not ideal, but hopefully will work well enough to tide me over until Dell releases a driver (I know, I know... don't hold my breath) that is fully 64-bit and works with Catalina

3 Posts

January 21st, 2020 14:00

I had not realized when I posted earlier that Dell exited the printer business back in 2018 and will stop all support in 2021.  As a result, I doubt they have any incentive to release new printer drivers and fixes are most likely wishful thinking.

20 Posts

March 12th, 2020 09:00

re Dell left printer business -- Ugh! So we're all SOL. mutter.

BTW, my kludge above didn't work for me today. No idea why. (I don't do a lot of scanning, so haven't tried for a while.) I had to do "Scan to USB" instead, so now I have a small USB drive taped to the side of my printer. 

Sigh.

It's frustrating, because otherwise the printer works fine. Other than this issue, there's no real reason to replace it.

May 29th, 2020 11:00

I'm also having same problem after update to Catalina, but this post helped me solve it!

I opened Scanbutton Manager and used it to set a destination folder for scans. When trying to save the new path, Catalina popped up with a dialog asking me to authorize Dell software to use the keychain password. After agreeing to this (choose the "always allow" option), the scanner started talking to my computer. I had to repeat the authorization a second time, but now all seems to be good!

Thanks for the tip!

September 5th, 2020 17:00

As of Aug 2020 this has been resolved with a new driver for the fax, scanner and printer that works with Catalina:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-h625cdw-printer/drivers

Be careful re: upgrading to Big Sur

20 Posts

February 4th, 2021 21:00

Can confirm that the Aug 2020 driver does NOT work with Big Sur. 

It's back to the USB thumb drive for me. *sigh*

20 Posts

March 26th, 2021 23:00

Cool!

My printer is the C2665dnf, which doesn't seem to have a new driver (latest is still Aug 2020). But I'm happy with my solution (telling Big Sur to "open it anyway"), so I can be patient a while more, LOL.

3 Posts

March 26th, 2021 23:00

By chance, went to take another look at this issue today and found there is a new driver, released yesterday!! Woohoo, it works... I can now scan with my Macbook Air Big Sur 11.2.3

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-au/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=w814t&oscode=mac1&productcode=dell-e525w-printer

No Events found!