Highlighted
mucrick
1 Copper

Challenges Sharing a 926 Printer

I have (2) computers on a wired home network.  A Dell 926 printer is directly connected to Compuer A, which is using an XP Pro o/s.  The printer is set-up for sharing under the name Dell926.  Computer B uses a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit o/s.  The home network has been correctly set-up such that I can see and print to the 926 directly from Computer B.  What I am not able to do is fully install the All-In-One (AIO) software on Computer B so that I can use the scan features.  (i.e., I would like to be able to scan documents on the 926 and work on them from Computer B.)

I attempted to install the AIO software on Computer B via the peer-to-peer set-up (the printer being connected to another computer but shared).  During this process, the AIO set-up software could never find/recognize the shared 926.  However, if I go to my network page on Computer B the 926 is shown and I can print to it.  I assumed the problem to be that I needed to install the Windows 7 64-bit drivers for the 926 on Computer A.  I downloaded the appropriate driver from Dell (Windows 7 64-bit).  I double-clicked the .zip file from the desktop of Cpmputer A and a pop-up window appeared noting that the installation was a multi-disk process and that I needed to insert the last disk.  Well, it was a single .zip file so I would have assumed all needed files would have been included in the download.

Anyway, I'd appreciate this forum's assistance with instructions on how I can get the AIO software on Computer B so that I can scan documents and work on them directly on Computer B.

Thanks in advance for teh assistance!

mucrick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Challenges Sharing a 926 Printer

mucrick,

Since we don't know the make and models of the computers, I can suggest that there are some great tips located at...

Welcome! Information about Dells Inkjet, All-In-One Printers

926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7) explains how to install the printer on Windows 7. You'll probably need to Download details: Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder (KB922120) and need to read...

Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP

File and Print Sharing in Vista (Thanks to mombodog)

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
mucrick
1 Copper

Thanks, PudgyOne!  I'll check out the links!

Btw, computer A is a Dell Inspiron 530S and Computer B is from ZT Systems.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

mucrick,

Known issues are...

There were issues with these items, maybe you have one of these.

AMD USB Audio Driver Filter and uninstall NVIDIA's Network Access Manager

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos