Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2013 16:00

Communication Failure

I  have a Windows Vista HomePremium 32 bit System. My Browser version is IE9. I have recently uninstalled my java and haven't reinstalled it yet. When I checked the printers folder I found that my printer was off line. I can't figure how to get it back on line.

I have been having this problem constantly. When I try and print I get the error message Communication Failure. I have looked in the manual and followed the instructions. I turned off the printer and unplugged the power supply and then  the power cord from the wall. Then from the manual I plugged the power supply back in and the power cord back in and for some reason the printer turned itself back on. I thought instead of going to the chat line I would get help and this way try and learn something so I can do this for myself.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Jerry

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2013 16:00

Jerry,

Make and model of the printer and how you're trying to connect the printer to your computer, wired or wireless? If wireless, make and model of your wireless router and the type of security you're using?What channel?

Make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Did you try reading...

You cannot print or print preview Web pages in Internet Explorer on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

You cannot print or view the print preview of a webpage in Internet Explorer 9

Rick

47 Posts

February 11th, 2013 09:00

My printer model is a Dell Wireless V525W.When I bought the printer we set it up wireless. I connect to it by a D-Link Wireless N150 USB adapter. The router model is a Wireless N Router.0n advice I was walked through changing the channel from channel 1 to channel 11 I was advised that the printer communicates better on that channel. I called the international number and on the phone the person advised that Channel 11 was the better channel.

I am not sure what you mean about the type of security I am using.

My computer system is a Dell System Inpspiron 530  and my operating system is Windows Vista HomePremium 32 bit operating system. My Virus Program and firewall are both by McAffee. The actual name of my McAffee is McAfee Security Center.

Thank you.

Jerry

No Events found!