Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2015 00:00

DELL 964 AIO scan failure assistance requested?

I've never been here before, but my ancient(but healthy) 964 has seemed to give up on recent scan requests. However, I have recently scanned material from 10/14/2015 that performed perfectly. I think the recent failure may be related to some recent hardware changes from ~10/18/2014. Unfortunately, I'm unable to understand the problem. Am I in the right place to request assistance? I would assign my technical proficiency level at about a 8 of 10. But, I just can't grasp what changed to produce my problem. My technical proficiency level regarding this printer is probably a 3 of 10. It's not a total scan failure, just the flatbed/multiple copy scan failure.("scan multiple items before output(flatbed scanner only)"). I've used this without problem for years.

Thank you,

Gary

9 Posts

November 1st, 2015 17:00

The DELL AIO 964 problem has been corrected. Further testing showed that the problem was centered around the scan to create PDF documents only. I also began having trouble with other PDF related documents. Eventually, I recalled that I had updated Adobe Reader within the last 45-60 days, at the request of a Firefox plugin verification. The PDF version(after the update) was 11.0.08. Visiting get.adobe.com/.../otherversions, I took PDF back to 10.1.4., which quickly alleviated all problems I'd experienced over the last two months.

Adobe says that the latest Reader 11 version is XP/SP3/X32 MCE(aka Professional) compatible. That may be, but this system was fully updated at the 2014 service sunset, and the Adobe 11 caused a lot of pain here. I did receive one error message repeatedly, something like - “No DCE contact made”. I'd have to repeat the process to reproduce the error, and I've already spent enough time with this diagnosis.

You may get successful operation from Adobe Reader 11, congratulations, but it doesn't work here.

Thanks

Gary

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 15:00

Gary,

Printer connected with the usb cable or the print server?

You operating system, 32-bit or 64-bit?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

No Events found!