Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2012 13:00

Dell 1250c Sleep Problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my printer where I cannot print to it once it has gone to sleep mode (amber light).

To print I need to turn the printer off then on. Is there anything I can do to fix this? The power management settings have only 1-6 for deep sleep, and 5-60 for sleep.

Thanks.

548 Posts

March 13th, 2013 05:00

Fishman, this is primarily a user forum, full of happy and some unhappy dell customers, but basically we help each other out. Though the forum is moderated by Dell, it is not a substitute for the official Dell support channels.

So, if your so unhappy with the printer, your best remedy since the printer is obviously not fit for purpose, is to take the printer back where you bought it and ask for a full refund. In most jurisdictions, the customer is well within his rights to ask for a full so use your rights in law.

If you bought the unit directly from Dell, others on this forum may better advise how to ask for a full refund prior to returning the printer.

6 Posts

July 1st, 2013 10:00

Ah nice - I wonder if it'll work for print server users?
I will install this tonight.

6 Posts

July 1st, 2013 11:00

By Jove, it actually works!

I will reserve final judgment after more testing to ensure other features are not corrupted!

11 Posts

July 1st, 2013 12:00

Typical Dell though, they omitted a firmware update for XP of which there are huge numbers still using it.

7 Posts

July 1st, 2013 21:00

The Vista version works on XP. And the patch seems to work!

No Mac version though. Had to boot into Windows to install the firmware.

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 02:00

Really? Why would they not list it as XP compatible? I take it you applied it & didn't brick the printer?

6 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 04:00

It's a Firmware update for the printer - it's OS independent.

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 04:00

May well be? It's just that it clearly states

"This is Firmware package release for Dell 1250c Color Laser Printer for Win Vista and Win 7 OS."

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 05:00

Cool. Sounds like it's all good so ;)

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 05:00

I've loaded this on to my printer (from my XP pc) and it did print via my WiFi print server, from sleep mode, without any intervention from me!!

<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> , it looks like the new firmware actually works.

I'll leave it several hours to prove it works after an extended sleep but initial impressions are good.

5 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 10:00

Thanks Scotther.  I'll be testing this out today.  We've basically given up on this printer and have replaced most of them with Samsungs, but it's still a bittersweet ending to see that a firmware was released years behind.  This should definitely be listed as the real suggested answer.  >>

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 10:00

The firmware patch is OS-independent, but your OS must be capable of running Dell's installer. This leaves Mac users out unless they have access to a Windows machine.

It's curious that XP was not included in the list. Maybe it's service pack dependent?

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 02:00

It certainly seems to have fixed the issue for me. Printing via the WiFi USB print server now works perfectly.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 09:00

I have noticed a definite clunk as it enters sleep mode after several minutes in active mode, which did not happen before the new firmware update.

No Events found!