Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 7th, 2010 08:00

Dell 1700n Web Tool

We have many Dell 1700n printers in our school district.  We used to be able to see the printer status by going to the IP address in our web browser.  We can configure them, but cannot see the status of the printer via the web interface.  We can see the status other Dell printers (1720dn, 3130cn, etc) but not the 1700n's.  It had worked in the past, but for some reason no longer is working.  I thought it might be a Windows or other such update, but after removing updates by trial and error I haven't found the culprit.  Does anyone know what else might cause this? 

2 Posts

December 9th, 2010 11:00

Same problem here. Dell never could give us an answer to the web page issue while our 1700n printers were under warranty. All other models of Dell printer work fines. It is just the web interface on the 1700n printers with the problem. I have tried IE7, IE8 and Mozzilla FireFox. Nothing works. If I find a solution I will post it. Please do the same if you find a fix. I am glad the network configuration pages load.

5 Posts

December 16th, 2010 20:00

I have had the same problem for years and have posted on other forums and no one seems to have an answer for the Dell 1700n.  I have tried various things like powering off and on, unplugging the ethernet cable, taking off line and putting back on line, and reseting the print server with no particular sucess.  I was able to make it work earlier in the year, but today had a power outage and the status page is now unavailable again.  I just ordered a new toner cartridge for my daugher and went to check mine - NOT AVAILABLE.  The page just stalls and will not load.  I am able to get to the printer settings page, and the Email alert page but cannot get the Printing Statistics and the Printer Information pages will not open.

I do not know how to judge the qty of toner left without getting this to work.  I have tried accessing it from my two XP, one Vista and one Win 7 machines all with no sucess today.  Wish I knew what to do.  I went to dell support and saw there is a firmware update but

141.C19, A03  This firmware update adds Japan to the list of available regions in the time zone field of the Embedded Web Server.

Didn't seem like that would help me any - I currently have

Firmware Version 141.C09

I could not find any other firmware versions for the networked version of the Dell 1700 - wish someone at Dell would address this.

Here is a post that I had made back in Feb 2010  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19319468.aspx  It has received no replies so far.

18 Posts

December 20th, 2010 05:00

When we first started having this problem, and the printers were still under warranty, I contacted Dell Tech support as well.  They told me to update the firmware on the printers.  I did that (which I believe at the time was at C09) and it did not fix the issue.  We thought it was an incompatibility with the Microsoft .NET Framework and did some messing with that.  After uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET installations it worked for the first time we accessed the printer via the Web Tool, but if we tried accessing the printer again the status was unavailable again as the page would not load.  Also, for a while simply shutting the printer off for a while and turning it back on brought the status page back, but only for the first time we tried to access it.  Now no matter what we do we cannot see the status of these printers.  I really wish Dell would address this issue as well!

No Events found!