gregeth
1 Copper

Dell 2155cdn scanning timeout (USB)

We have a Dell 2155cdn that keeps timing out on scanning when the user goes to use the scan button on the printer console (Scan to Applications) over USB.  The printer errors out with a message indicating that the scanning has timed out and the connection was lost.  However, scanning from the Dell Scan Center works fine.

We have several other 2155's but they are all networked and use the scan to email feature instead.  Cycling power on the printer does solve the problem for a few hours but that's not a very good permanent solution.

Anyone run into something like this?  I couldn't find anything searching in the forum or the support about the issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
WSaunders
1 Copper

Re: Dell 2155cdn scanning timeout (USB)

I am having the same issue.. I made sure the the Printer has the most current firmware.  I think somehow is is disabled when the device goes into powersave mode..?  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
gregeth
1 Copper

We were still having the issue with the latest drivers and powersave disabled. We've since switched all of these printers over to being networked and everything is fine now, but still would be good to have a fix for USB support.

0 Kudos
WSaunders
1 Copper

Ok.. I guess the issue I'm having the most porbles with.. Is that after a prolonged time (overnight).. I lose the ability to initiate a scan directly from the unit..  The job will time out with an error.  However, if i go to the PC and initiate a scan from within windows, the scan goes through fine, and i am able to initiate scans directly from the unit again. 

0 Kudos