Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2013 07:00

Dell 3100cn; 004-321 restart printer.. printer with only 4,381 pages printed - 2nd drum

Folks,

Not sure if Dell monitors this forum or not? I've read numerous articles about the 004-321 reseat drum issue. My printer is X number of years old, see details sheet I have attached. This is my 2nd drum for this printer and I've only printed a total of 4,381 pages. This is a home printer that I use once in a while and as you can probably tell, I do not print out a lot.

I've checked to make sure you can see the silver tab, which you can. The brand new Dell drum was sent to me a few years ago and now this is the issue I have. This printer simply sits in my den, with my computer and I live in an area, Pittsburgh, PA where we have all 4 seasons and I use air conditioning in the summer. So its not like this printer is sitting in a hot stuffy garage or basement anywhere...

What is going on? I've been waiting for Dell to come out with a wide format All In One, color laser for my house. I just bought an Epson Workforce for $300.00 that is wide format printer and scanner, however I am not a huge inkjet fan. I really like the print from a color laser printer. I am not sinking more monies into buying  a new drum when this is my 2nd drum and I haven't even printed 4,400 pages yet, honestly. I think there is something faulty and I know, no printer lasts forever. Where I work, we have a competitor printer that has printed 83,577 pages without any issue!

So what is the deal???? I really love this printer and can't believe how crappy this is to happen.

Sincerely
Dave R.
Pittsburgh, PA

Image containing service tag removed as per privacy policy>

11 Posts

March 14th, 2013 14:00

Does Dell ever look at this stuff or ?

1 Message

November 7th, 2016 17:00

I just wasted 50 minutes trying to find any wide format printers..... now going to epson or hp!!!!!

No Events found!