Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2008 15:00

Dell 3100cn streaks on left side

I've had a 3100cn for 2 years and have printed about 25,000 pages. Suddenly I started getting 2 brown streaks about 1/4" wide on the entire left edge of the page. This happens on both color and black & white prints. The more pages printed at a time, the darker and wider these streaks get. I reseated all the cartridges but it didn't help. Is this a drum problem or something else? I took the drum cover off the drum and tried it but I still have the same problem. So the cover must not be causing the problem. I am getting a "Drum Cartridge Replace Soon" message but I thought the drum is supposed to last a lot more than 25,000 prints. Is the streaks a symptom of a drum needing replacement?

Thanks,

Ed

1.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2008 00:00

Is it possible for you to scan or take a digital picture of one of these problem pages and attach it in your reply to this post? Print quality issues are very subjective and samples provide a much better opportunity to evaluate a problem.

28 Posts

January 23rd, 2008 00:00

I scanned a page but I don't know how to attach it to this message. It looks like I need a web site and upload the picture to the website first. Is this true? Can't I just attach my picture somehow?

1.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2008 11:00

Not sure about needing a website.
I open windows explorer and navigate to the location where the file was saved, then copy/paste that address info into the "Explorer User Prompt" window that opens when you click the "Insert an Image" icon, then be sure to include the actual file name at the end of the string before you click "OK"

28 Posts

January 23rd, 2008 21:00

Here is a picture of the streak I was talking about.

1.7K Posts

January 24th, 2008 10:00

I was wrong about the website...... yes, it is required.
Here is a website that can host pictures. Free to Yahoo users..... not sure about others.
No Events found!