Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 20th, 2008 18:00

Dell 3115cn will not ADF when in Copy mode, But will ADF in scan mode

We have a 3115cn in our office, and the Automatic Document Feeder works in scan mode but will not take paper in copy mode,  it will only copy a document placed on the glass. 

Any suggestions?  I am banging my head against the desk right now in frustration.

Thanks much.

May 12th, 2009 10:00

This is what worked for me from the trouble shooting wizard...

STEP: Reset the NVRAM on the Dell™ 3115cn Printer

Additional Information
  1. When Ready to Print appears on the LCD, press the  button until Setup appears, and then press the  button or the Menu button.
    Setup displays.
  2. Press the  button until Admin Menu is displayed, and then press the  button.
  3. Press the  button until Maintenance is displayed, and then press the  button.
  4. Press the  button until Initialize NVM is displayed, and then press the  button.
  5. Press the  button until User Section is selected, and then press the  button.
  6. If Are you sure? message appears on the LCD, press the  button to confirm.
  7. If the printer does not restart automatically, power off the printer and power back on.
  8. Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.
  9. Press the  button until System Section is selected, and then press the  button.
  10. Perform steps 6 and 7.

May 14th, 2009 11:00

I take it back Resetting the NVRAM didn't work completely after resetting my preferred settings.  This worked and was provided by Dell's online tech support...

Problem: You may notice that the 3115 will scan and fax from the ADF but not copy from it. Or it might be a combination of feature X might go from the ADF but Y may not. Solution: Disable Auto-fit and Multiple Up to get it to copy with ADF This is not listed in any of the documentation. Tested on other 3115CN's to verify that this is correct and not an isolated issue. Setting is available on the op panel and in the EWS: EWS - PREFERRED METHOD! Printer Settings ---> Printer Settings Tab ---> Copy Settings > Auto Fit Op Panel - Copy ---> Auto Fit Copy ---> Multiple Up

1 Message

March 20th, 2012 12:00

Kanderson9999 - not sure if you will set this but a big THANKS for providing this fix. Thanks !!!!

No Events found!