Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2009 12:00

Dell 926 printer and 3300 printer adapter

I have recently connected my dell 926 printer and my 3300 printer adapter. It was working fine but now I am getting messages saying the "Printer Communication System stopped working and was closed, A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." I have been getting this when I boot up my computer or when I try to print. Please Help.

Thanks

21 Posts

June 28th, 2009 19:00

Rick

When I clicked on 1390 I get a General Advanced Driver Details Resources

Under advanced there is a minimum power consumption that I can enable (as I said before in a earlier post)

Tanya

21 Posts

July 7th, 2009 11:00

Rick

There is not a properties under 1390 .....what do you think???

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 7th, 2009 12:00

Tanya,

Do NOT enable the minium power option. Anything that's under network adapters, make sure no minium power is enabled and/or under properties, power management, then box is unchecked, if there.

Rick

21 Posts

July 8th, 2009 17:00

Rick

I did not enable anything. It is the way it has always been.

There is no box to uncheck.It says that both of those devices are working properly.

I am still getting the message about the printer has lost communication.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 8th, 2009 18:00

Tanya,

Hit the Windows Key and the R key at the same time, this will bring up the run command. Type

services.msc

Hit enter. Look at the dlcj_Service or you may something similar and make sure it;s set for automatic. Restart the service.

Also look for the Print Spooler and make sure it's set for automatic and restart the service.

Go to control panel printers and make sure your printer is online. I have seen them go offline so check that out. If you right click on your printer, make sure it says use printer offline. Also make sure you have the correct printer as the default printer. If you installed it correctly, you should see only one Dell 926 printer listed. If you see 2, then try the other printer as default.

Rick

21 Posts

July 10th, 2009 10:00

Rick

After doing your last step, the part where it says to make the printer is offline. If I have to offline it wont work at all. If I dont have have it to offline it works. And after all that I am still getting the message about the printer loosing communication.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 10th, 2009 12:00

Tanya,

When you look at the 3300, do you see all three green lights lit? If not, then check to see if the USB Cable is connected to the 3300 and the printer. Also, which light is not lit?

Rick

21 Posts

July 11th, 2009 12:00

Rick

Right now all three lights on 3300 are lit. USB cable is secure. I am trying to print a letter and after I send it to print when the printing status comes up, it only goes to 45% and quits Says Direct Network Attached. Nothing more just quits. Says 1 document is pending in the qeue.

Tanya

July 11th, 2009 14:00

tanya,

Since all three lights are on, the this is a drivers issue.

Run the patch(as admninistrator if using Vista) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Now install the proper drivers, choose network. If you do not see the option that you're connected to a wireless print server, then click on add. Tell it wou're connected to a wirelessw print server and follow the instructions. Do NOT join the ink improvement program as it conflicts with some operating systems.

Rick

No Events found!