Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2015 07:00

Dell 966 AIO Printer on Windows 10

Discovered that my printer drivers are not compatible with Windows 10.  I followed the directions on Dell Support page to download the drivers for Vista 64 but the only drivers it returns for my service tag are firmware updates.  I've tried every combination of filters and the only actual driver update it provides is in German.  I don't speak German so it's not very helpful.  I know this printer is outdated and I don't have the original CD to install from.  Any suggestions on how to get this to work on Windows 10?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 26th, 2015 02:00

Walker_BJ,

Try the links I have listed below. I'm almost certain the drivers I have are English drivers.

From the Announcement at the top of the page, Windows 10 Compatibility with Dell Printers

Dell suggests...

Installing Older Windows Printer Drivers in Windows 10

Try this procedure and see if the printer installs.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell 966 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

4 Posts

December 30th, 2015 07:00

Okay.  I've given up trying to insall my AIO 966 on the W10 SP1 OS.  It just will not install.  I have another PC on my homegroup that is still running W7.  I shared printers when joining the homegroup then installed the 966 on that PC.  The printer installed and prints, the Dell AIO Center works.  But when i right click on the printer in Control Panel, it does not give me the option to share it and neither does the properties window.  I installed this printer as a personal printer just like every other printer on my Homegroup but for some reason, it will not share.  Any suggestions?  I followed the "Typical" install from the original install CD using Vista SP2 compatibility mode and downloaded the drivers from the thread mentioned above, again with compatibility for Vista SP2.  Still won't share.

No Events found!