Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2012 07:00

Dell 968 Scanning Problem

My Dell 968 AIO, All-in-one printer has served me well over the past couple years. However, something has occured that is preventing me from utilizing the scanning to e-mail feature. Whe I move to "scan" and press the check for "more copy options," I get, "Downloading scan applications list from your computer. Please wait." I have waited and waited but the printer does not take me to the e-mail option. The only thing that happens is that the printer screen recycles back to the main selection menu. I simply cannot figure out what has changed. Please help. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 28th, 2012 03:00

19fred57,

Check the firewall in your virus program.

Try these tweaks...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

1 Message

August 30th, 2012 02:00

Same problem. Came on suddenly after working well for years. Printing from Dell 1555 laptop is fine but scanning gives exactly the same problem as above i.e. printer/scanner says searching for applications on computer, then says can't find them. Also scanning is all greyed out on the 968 AIO Center on the computer.

WRT instructions above, how do you 'check the Firewall in your virus programme'? I use Norton anti-virus and firewall.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 30th, 2012 12:00

Deontic,

Try...

Allow a printer past Norton

Also try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!