Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 15:00

Dell 968 printer locks up/won't print multiple pages

Hello all, I have a dell 968 aio, currently connected to my HP laptop running windows 7 64 bit. My problem is printing multiple pages... Not necessarily at one time. After about 10-15 pages, it hangs up about 20% through printing a page. I have installed the correct print driver directly from dell, test page comes out fine, start printing and everything is good until I'm 10-15 pages in, and it hangs. The document won't continue, I have tried multiple ways of canceling it and just restarting it, and the only way I've found to get it back operational (for another 10-15 pages) is to cancel the document, either on the printer or computer, (makes no difference) after canceling it shows in the print queue as deleting and won't go away, so I have to restart my computer once or sometimes twice, and unplug the power to the printer during restart to get it to print again... What is confusing me the most is, I originally had it hooked up to my desktop (Inspiron 530 running xp) and it does the same thing... When it hangs, the printer shows "printing page x of x", and the dell print status monitor shows it printing, but just stops in the middle. Depending on how many pages I'm printing, anywhere from 15 to 66 percent... I'm so confused... Help?!?! Jad

1.3K Posts

June 26th, 2013 23:00

Hi Jaddenney,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

We understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to print multiple pages and you are not able to print beyond fifteen pages at a time.

Please check the following Microsoft links which may prove useful in resolving the issue you are facing with printing multiple pages.

http://bit.ly/18hwJqp

http://bit.ly/1aPu6vA

http://bit.ly/138SJBQ

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

3 Posts

June 27th, 2013 19:00

My print dialog still appears and attempts to print... And this does not only happen when trying to print multiple pages... Just after a total of 10-15 pages have been printed... It's like it's memory/cache/queue isn't clearing and not able to do anymore until it is reset.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 27th, 2013 20:00

jaddenney,

Please continue with DELL-Babita S

First try running Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

A print job usually spools on the computer the print job is sent from.

Start, control panel, hardware and sound, devices and printers, right click on your printer, left click printer properties, Advanced. Have your settings match mine

Rick

3 Posts

June 28th, 2013 02:00

Rick,

My printer settings are exactly that way, other than "Print spooled documents first" was checked.

Jad

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2013 03:00

Jad,

Did you try keeping the document open until the print job is finished?

Printer wired or wireless?

You have the proper paper size selected on the printer, correct?

Rick

No Events found!