Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2011 17:00

Dell AIO 922 and Win 7 --- a new thread

Hi,

I am trying to use my Dell AIO 922 with a studio 1735 with win 7. Of course it does not work by using the auto-install service of windows. I was surprised, but it seems that the scanner part is working. So I searched for solutions and it seems, that I have to install a Windos XP driver in compatibility mode and with administrator-rights. Even if i do not believe that this will fix my problem, because the compatibility-mode never does, I want to try it. But all links are down and even at the dell support page it says, that there is no driver for AIO 922... can anybody send me a link to the driver? or maybe theres another solution? i wish i could use my printer again... :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2011 01:00

s.Schiwek,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista
Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

6 Posts

December 16th, 2011 09:00

Thats the solution i was talking about, but the links are working. Thank you.

But I tried this routine 4 times today and it didnt solve my problem.

1. I used the tool to delete the printer driver, after restarting i installed the driver in compatibillity mode. A message apeared in the taskbar, that the driver wasn´t installed correctly. by clicking on "more details"  it told me, that windows couldn´t find a driver for the printer.

2. i deactivated autamatically installation of drivers, because i guess windows installed some kind of standard-driver because when I connect the printer when the installationprogram tells me to do so, windows starts to install another driver. After that i repeated the same procedure. Now there wasn´t any kind of message. after the progress bar is at 100% the window disappears. The printer is listed in my printer folder, but only as scanner and theres a yellow sign with ! that says, that there is a problem.

when windows is trying to fix the problem it tells me that there is no driver for the printer installed

i repeated it 2 times and tried to reset the printer, delete the printer manually and afterwards used the printer removal tool and stuff like that, but allways i had the same message, that there is no driver for the printer installed.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2011 13:00

s.Schiwek,

Try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager

Rick

6 Posts

December 17th, 2011 03:00

??? i know. thats the way i downloaded the drivers... i had not any problems with downloading this time. its a problem of the driver isntallation!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 17th, 2011 15:00

s.Schiwek,

Your Dell 1735, was the operating system recently installed?

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Run the patch to cleanup the printer, then restart your computer

Then do this procedure...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the drivers. You'll get a message then printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

What virus program are you using?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 24th, 2011 09:00

Jessica,

Looks like Microsoft's Compatibility chart is out-dated.

The Vista drivers work in the Vista Compatibility mode

Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility With Dell Printers Has the most recent information on Dell Printer Compatibility.

Please correct Microsoft's website.

Thanks and have a GREAT Holiday.

Rick

December 24th, 2011 09:00

Hi,

For your convenience, Microsoft has made the Windows 7 Compatibility Center available for those who wish to confirm compatibility for both hardware and software in regards to Windows 7.

I have gone ahead and checked compatibility between the Dell 922 Photo All-in-One printer and Windows 7 and, unfortunately, it is reported by Dell that the printer is not compatible as you can see here.

No Events found!