Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2010 12:00

Dell AIO 960 print window interface not working

Help!  I am at my wit's end here.  I have a Dell AIO 960 printer connected to my Gateway laptop.  Both worked properly before Windows SP2 resulted in laptop crash.  After using Gateway recovery disk and reinstalling both MS Enterprise and MS Office, the print status window interface has stopped working. Unlike other users, documents do not print out after a reboot.  I have installed and reinstalled the drivers at least twice and updates from online and still no resolution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2010 03:00

TamaraB,

You need to dosconnect the printer, then run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer, then restart your computer. The install the proper Vista drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time. More information on how to download the patch and drivers can be found at...

A960 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Then let me know what happens.

Rick

3 Posts

March 19th, 2010 15:00

Thanks so much for your reply.  Okay, here is what I did while waiting for a response to my post.

I installed the patch, uninstalled the printer, downloaded several drivers and installed them.   I didn't get a prompt for the printer, which was unplugged.

So I started over again with the patch.  This time I dowloaded two of the printer drivers, leaving out the one that didn't list Vista among the operating systems it supported.  This time when I restarted the pc with the printer plugged in, the system installed the drivers automatically.  I did get an error that "INS Res dll was  not installed" but the printer did work the next time I tried it.  I even figured out where the "maintenance tab" was located in the AIO Center.  It's not a tab, it's  a picture.  Even so, I was able to align the print cartridges for a better result.  Do I need to do this all over again for full functionality in the AIO Center and the missing code?

I like my printer and I don't want to have to replace it if I get a new machine.  Do I have the option of purchasing a computer with something other than Vista or Windows 7 loaded on it?   I understand that drivers will not be available for this printer for Windows 7.

TamaraB

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 19th, 2010 17:00

TamaraB,

The process is simple.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until you're prompted to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Go to start, control panel, system. Look and see what operating system you have and if it's 32-bit or 64-bit. Download and install those drivers. When you're installing those drivers, you'll get a mesage, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time, powered on.

This printer does work with Windows 7. If you install the XP drivers in the compatibility mode.

Rick

No Events found!