Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 29th, 2010 13:00

Dell AIO 962 - Unable to scan on Windows Vista

I am unable to scan from my AIO 962 using Dell All-In-One Center or Windows Photo Galley; printing works fine.

After reviewing several threads, I have downloaded & installed the latest driver (after disconnecting the printer & using published driver clean-up program), upgrade printer firmware & changed cable etc, etc

Can anyone help please...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2010 17:00

carl_webster,

First, since you have Vista, I would recommend that you disconect your printer. Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer, then install the proper Vista drivers. You'll get a message, the printer iis not connected, then connect the printer at this time(powered on). Please use a 6ft or smaller USB Cable.More information on downloading the drivers and patch can be found at...

962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Also try this tweak and see if it helps with the communication problems.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Rick

April 22nd, 2010 03:00

Thanks for your response Rick.

I have tried everything you recommended (several times), but I still have the same problem.

Carl.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 22nd, 2010 08:00

Carl,

What is the make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

And how are you trying to connect the printer to your computer?

What type of virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

April 24th, 2010 03:00

Hi Rick

The PC is a Dell Inspiron 546 (Athlon 7550 Dual-Core 2.5Ghz, 4Gb RAM) using Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2.

Printer connection is via a rear USB.

I am using AVG9.0 anti-virus & the windows firewall.

Carl.

7 Posts

April 24th, 2010 13:00

Hi pudgyone I cant scan either i have a AIO 966 all in one fax scan copy printer and im using windows 32-bit my printer is wireless so would i need to use a usb to get the scan options

7 Posts

April 24th, 2010 13:00

hi carl i have a aio 966 and i cant scan either have you had any luck?

April 24th, 2010 21:00

Carl,

Try disabling AVG and see if it will install. I have heard that sometimes people have to uninstall AVG to get some things to work.

Also, did you try a different USB Port?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2010 13:00

Carl,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Error 2200 has been a problem with this printer, so it seems. It must get locked up somehow.

Take care,

Rick

April 27th, 2010 13:00

Rick

Have tried both suggestions, still no luck and was about to give up.

Then I noticed that at the end of a failed scan attempt,  'Error: 2200' flashes up on the 962 display and quickly disappears again,.

Searching for this symptom led me to this thread and a post from 'amoir2006' 26 Nov 2008:-

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/p/18851934/19683232.aspx

I noticed that the lamp on my scanner was not moving & just stayed on the left (the motor sounds like it is moving across, but I'd never actually checked!)

I removed the cover and worked the brass cog back & forth a few times. Also, gently moved the scanner lamp across to the right hand side to ensure it could carry out a full sweep. Once assembled and powered up, the scanner lamp returned to the left hand side & now work fine.

There are approximately ten screws to remove the cover, including 3 under the control panel at the front (3 sections - power button(left), main controls (middle & number keypad (right)).

For ease of access, I also found it is necessary to remove the sheet feeder mechanism on the left. There are three cable plugs and a black wire to undo (behind the D shaped panel at the back) to achieve this.

I must add that this should only be carried out by a service engineer or someone who is familar with working on electronic equipment.

Regards

Carl.

No Events found!