Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2010 20:00

Dell AIO 966 Printer

I bought a Dell AIO 966 printer without the wireless card.  I recently bought and installed the wireless card and was initially successful with printing wirelessly.  My problem is that after putting my laptop into hibernation and attempting to  print wirelessly afterward it will not print.  I keep  getting a pop-up box that states:

PRINTER STATUS WINDOW  INTERFACE STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED.

Can you please tell  me the possible cause and solution to this  problem.

Thanks! 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 26th, 2010 14:00

louisiangal,

Try these tweaks for your laptop and see if this helps with communications.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

September 15th, 2010 01:00

Here it is months later and I am having the same problem.  Tonight I reinstalled the aio 966 printer.  I tested printing with it wirelessly several times in the same room as the printer useing different scenerios, ie after puting laptop in hibernate, after restarting it, etc.  Each time the printer worked.  I then took my laptop to another room and did some web browsing. A couple hours later I  tried to print something from the web then something from wordperfect and I  got the same error message: that the interface was not working or something to that effect.  The print jobs were saved in the que.  I am so frustrated.  Please help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 15th, 2010 14:00

louisianagal,

Try these tweaks.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!