Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2009 21:00

Dell AIO Center problem

The Maximize buttom in my Dell AIO Center window does not work. The program and all it's features works OK but when I open Dell AIO Center it always opens  in a small window. The Close button works. The Minimize button works but the Maximize button doesn't. Interesting that the Maximize button works within the Help window when Help is selected.

It's always been like this. It is an issue for me now because my saved picture file is slowly growing and it's a pain working in the small window.

I have the original installation disc that came with this Dell Inspiron E1705 Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2009 01:00

Marty,

The maximize buttons doesn't work on mine, neither. It's just there.

What type of images are you trying to scan?

I scan pictures and images to IrfanView, I can edit the picture after it's scanned and even resize it to the size I want it, all at the same time. Pictures I keep are a higher quality as some programs like at least 150dpi, so I save mine even higher for better printing quality.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2009 11:00

Marty,

Follow these instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista computers) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

XP & Vista 64-bit Drivers.

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on).

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

November 3rd, 2009 11:00

Hi PudgyOne,

I need to add that my Dell All-In-One 946 is connected by USB to this Dell  Inspiron/E1705, Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I checked and have the most recent driver. Also "this device is working properly" (apparently). My Dell support has expired. Could you suggest where I might look?

Did I lose this thread? I mean to reply to "pudgyone".

Thank you all!

Marty

November 6th, 2009 13:00

Hi PudgyOne,

Your instructions were crystal but I messed up anyway. Java loaded fine and I have the latest windows updates. I disconnected my printer,downloaded and ran the patch(R166247.zip). I never saw the prompt to restart so I restarted anyway. Upon restart I was prompted to insert the Quickset disc which I don't have. I skipped this step and downloaded my drivers; R145315.exe for Vista 32-bit. Again I missed the prompt to connect the printer and went ahead and connected the printer. Windows did it's thing, I used my  Dell AIO Printer 946 reinstallation disc that came with the computer. Everything loaded fine and works exactly as before...the maximize button does not work so I'm left working in this program in a small window.

The patch removed the printer from the computer and took Quickset and MediaDirect with it! in panic mode I used system restore to go back before I loaded the  latest Java(which I took off a long time ago for security issues). All is now what it was.

As computer problems go this is probably a minor issue but the kind of problem that makes one want to bolt and look elsewhwere for software. I like the program and don't need fancy but it's a cramp working in that small window.

I deleted what I downloaded,ran my disc cleanup utility and hope to hear back from you (and Rick too).

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 10th, 2009 14:00

Marty,

You can download Quickset from Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. It should be under application.

Media direct, post about this in the Dell Microsoft OS Forum as if I remember correctly, there is a way to get this working.

Rick

November 10th, 2009 15:00

Hi Rick,

System restore recovered Quickset ok and I used the MediaDirect reinstallation disc so that is now ok also. I do have all the original reinstallation discs that came with the computer but thanks anyway.

Should Dell AIO Center work in a full (maximized) window or is this the way it is? Is this issue worth pursueing?

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 10th, 2009 16:00

Marty,

I think it's not worth pursuing. It has a button but the Dell All-In-One Center is as big as it gets.

Rick

November 11th, 2009 15:00

Rick,

OK. Done.

This may be the correct forum for posting a question about some Dell printer software that I posted elswhere and never got an answer. Do you know what  the program named 946PLV32 is? What does it do or what is it for? do I need it? It is installed by Dell and I;m quessing it's for my printer.

Again, thank you and apologies in advance if this question should be a new thread..

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2009 17:00

Marty,

The clue is 946PLV32 It has something to do with your 946 printer but I really don't know what.

Is it safe to remove? I really cannot tell you that, but I'd leave it there because it's not spyware and it's not causing any problems. If you decide to delete it, keep it in the recycle bin for a while to make sure all the functions are working on your printer.

Instead of the hassle, I'd just keep it.

Rick

November 11th, 2009 21:00

Hi Rick,

Sounds like good advice to me.

Thanks for being out there and willing to share.

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2009 02:00

Marty,

If I remember correctly, I think I saw you posted this question aomewhere else. If you happen to get a reply, could you share the information and.or link so we can see what they said.

Thanks and take care,

Rick

November 12th, 2009 11:00

Rick,

Take a look at   http://946plv32.software.informer.com/.  As you probably already quessed, I can't rest until I know whats on my computer.

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2009 17:00

Marty,

I'll tell you what. Make a system restore point. Call it "Before removing 946plv32"

Delete 946plv32. Restart your computer.

Now try printing and scanning. See if your communications are working. If they are, it's not needed. If you need it, then use system restore and system restore will put the file back where it belongs.

Actually, if you think it's spyware, then download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. Report back if it finds anything, especially the 946plv32.

Rick

November 13th, 2009 14:00

Rick,

My plan exactly! But first,this whole excercise is about learning and understanding what's on my computer. I truly appreciate you guys out there willing to offer ideas. I learn something new everytime I turn this computer on. If I remember any of it is another question.

I have no reason to think this Dell authored application is malware but I downloaded and ran malwarebytes which found two items and cleaned them out. Nothing that sounded like dell or 946 anything. Hard to believe that nobody in dell Communities knows what this is.

Marty

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 13th, 2009 17:00

Marty,

Dell Community Forums is made up mostly of Dell Users, like you and me. We do occasionally have a Dell Liaison appear and help but most of the time you get many GREAT answers from other members. Due to many layoffs in the bad economy, we have lost many GREAT Dell Liaisons and sometimes us members are on our own. We have seen a change just recently where Dell is now having more of their employees come to help here in the Dell Community.

Just some information about the file you question, the printer was made for Dell by Lexmark, so you may see some Lexmark files and wonder about them. They are most likely for the printer.

Rick

No Events found!