Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2010 20:00

Dell All in One dlcxjswx wont terminat on server

I was unable to log off or shut down my computer. An examination of running processes showed 16 instances of dlcxjswx.exe. Terminating these processes allowed the computer to log off/shut down.

The server computer is a Windows XP Pro machine and shared with a laptop running Windows 7. When a print job is sent from the XP machine, dlxcjswx starts, the job prints, and the process terminates. When a print job is sent from the Windows 7 machine, dlcxjswx starts, the job prints, but the process continues. If the Windows 7  machine sends another job, another instance of dlcxjswx starts, and it also fails to terminate.

Any suggestions are appreciated. It's a pain ending all the copies running before I can shut down the server.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2010 01:00

White_Wolf,

How did you install the drivers on the Windows 7 machine?

Make and model(s) of your computer(s) and operating system(s). 32-bit or 64-bit?

Rick

5 Posts

November 11th, 2010 09:00

If I remember correctly, I just added it to the printer list via add network printer. The server is running Windows XP Pro. The Windows 7 machine is an HP Compaq. It's the wife's laptop and she has it at work right now so I can't look at it. I had problems awhile back and had to uninstall the printer and reinstall the drivers. Also, I found that her computer keeps making WEBDAV requests to my server. I don't have that enabled so it fills my server log with error messages. I'm not sure it that is related or not but it only shows up when she tries to run a print job. I'm working with a Microsoft forum on that.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2010 14:00

White_Wolf,

I forgot to ask, what printer are you using. I have instructions and printer cleanup utilitys for most Dell inkjet printers, and it will probably need to be run on the Windows 7 machine.

Also try reading Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP, until I hear back from you on which Dell printer this is.

Rick 

5 Posts

November 11th, 2010 14:00

The network settings are fine. They seem  to be right and everything else works OK.

I've had many computers on this network with just about every windows OS they have made. My old Laptob that I use for my telescope had windows 3.11.... LOL

The printer is a Dell photo 926 all in one. It works fine from my computer because it's connected directly to the computer. We wanted to use the wireless feature but can't get that to work and still be on the wireless network. O' by the way, that is the other thing. Her computer connects to the network via a wireless access point just in case that makes a difference.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2010 16:00

White_Wolf,

Not quite sure how you have the printer on your network. If using a wireless print server, that usually is a little better, if possible. I had a Dell 964 printer attached to a wireless print server and it worked great. I used these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I used channel 11. Then setup the wireles print server.

You'll need to first run  Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer from the Windows 7 machine.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Then download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Compatibility mode, then if you have the option, choose network and then follow the instructions. Virus programs will hinder printer communications.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Make sure the printer, if connected to a host computer, is setup for printer sharing. If the XP is 32-bit and the Windows 7 is 64-bit, I think I read somewhere you might have to download and install the 64-bit drivers on the host computer.

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

5 Posts

November 12th, 2010 14:00

OK.. I deleted everything and then reinstalled it with some updated drivers. So far everything is working properly. If it comes back, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help.

:0)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2010 16:00

White_Wolf,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!