Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2017 13:00

Dell C2665dnf - PDF Scanning?

Hello All,

We have a Dell C2665dnf printer/scanner/fax deployed as a LAN device.  I followed the setup instructions in the manual and clients have PS printing and WDS scanning capability. 

What has me stumped is that prior to switching the printer from USB to LAN, the primary user reported having the option to save scans as PDFs during the scan process, when initiated from the PC side.  Since switching that option is unavailable.  To the best of my knowledge saving as a PDF isn't ever an option in the Windows Fax/Scan dialog.  So I'm wondering if a different application handled the scan when the printer was connected via USB.  I'm thinking the Dell ScanButton Manager handled the scans, only because I see it's only an option when the printer is connected via USB, but I'm not sure.

So my question - when connected to a networked Dell printer and initiating the scan from the computer - is it possible to save the scan as a PDF

I'm aware of "work arounds" such as printing to PDF post-scan, etc, but I'm looking for a means of saving the initial scan as a PDF.  I keep thinking I must be missing a piece of Dell software that would otherwise handle the scan, but I don't see anything on the support page I don't already have installed. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 

16.7K Posts

December 1st, 2017 05:00

MATTPUHL,

You will need to download a PDF  program in order to save scans to pdf.  You can click the link below to download the online users manual for the printer.

C2665dnf Printer Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

2 Posts

December 1st, 2017 07:00

Jesse,

I appreciate your reply, however I have been told by Dell Support on two prior occasions, most recently yesterday, that what you describe is NOT the case.  For example, using the Dell Software Suite/Driver when connected via USB, you can save scans as PDFs during the scan dialog as some component within the Dell software suite manages the scan process.  But when connected over the LAN on the same PC with the same software/config this does not appear to be true.  

I am aware I can save scans as PDFs using a third-party scanning application such as VueScan, but have been told by Dell Support that I can save scans as PDFs when initiated from the PC on a network C2665cnf without third-party applications.  

Unless you're referring to some other Dell application?  I have already tried all of the relevant downloads from the Dell support link, and have read the manual, multiple times.  I have not seen any reference to needing a "PDF Program" to save scans as PDFs when deployed over the network.

No Events found!