Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 18th, 2012 09:00

Dell Laser 1133 Printer Problems

Parts missing on print previews and printed pages or printed incorrectly down page instead of across. on MSN and IE.  Dell tech had me download Google Chrome and everything printed OK from there  I believe my printer drivers are ok because ech printed out a  printer test page.  In device manager the video card does not have any questionmark.  Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem?

Windows XP

E510

Just got additional RAM

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 18th, 2012 12:00

Sallie

Better to post this in the Peripherals/Printers forum HERE, this is for Desktop Hardware.

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2012 15:00

Sallie,

Make and model of your printer and how it's connected to your computer.

What virus program and firewall are you using?

What are you trying to print? From what program/browser?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2012 17:00

Sallie,

Open the browser you want to use. Click on file, print preview, then select the way you want to print.

Most you choose, shrink to fit. I also have used it at 80% and 70%.

Rick

186 Posts

July 18th, 2012 17:00

My printer is a Dell laser 1133

My antivirus is McAfee via MSN

Different web pages give me the same problem when I print via MSN or IE.  Dell tech had me download and install Google Chrome and prints fine via this browser.  I do not believe this is a driver problem.  

S tells me it is probably due to Windows XP which is 13 yrs. old.  My computer is 6 yrs. old.

I believe this post should probably be moved to MS Operating Systems.  Please move it if necessary.

Note when I do a preview of page I want to print via Google it looks correct but via MSN or IE it is not correct.  Note I believe my AOL browser also previews correctly.

186 Posts

July 18th, 2012 18:00

Note.  IE has a shrink to fit and %'s. Nothing makes pg. print properly , whereas

Google Chrome will print it correctly without entering any % manually.  MSN does not have a shrink to fit option but will not print correctly on any % option.  AOL once got a blank page in the print preview (but then I read somewhere you may get this if pg. has not completely loaded.)  A second time I tried AOL the print preview looked correct.  Today when I tried it it did not look correct - looked like the IE preview..  Mozilla preview looks OK.

No Events found!