Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

March 13th, 2012 09:00

Dell P713W Printer won't print

I have had this printer for a year and have recently been having some problems. It won't print. The print jobs show in the window, but are not being printed. Whether I try printing through the network or the usb, it isn't doing anything. It powers on no problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled it once and reinstalled the drivers, and that worked temporarily, but now it's not printing again. It's clearly not communicating with my computer but I don't know how to resolve it.

It also isn't printing graphics and color very well. There are lines through the images. It's been that way since I got it though, and I've just never gotten around to seeking help for it.

December 29th, 2013 03:00

I have the same issue with my printer.  I can see your issue was some time ago,  Did you manage to resolve it? 

My printer will print the first print job and them everything behind that job seems to get spooled onto a waiting list.  I can then cancel all but one of the print jobs.  If I unplug and restart the printer it will spit out a blank page and then give me one more chance to print. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 29th, 2013 10:00

cameron9655,

You issue is probably different from the post from a long time ago.

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

1 Message

December 30th, 2013 23:00

Thank you after weeks of researching trying to figure out what was wrong with my printer this work for me. I can finally get some work done.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 31st, 2013 10:00

dodgergurl,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting  back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!