Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 16:00

Dell V305 inject printer displays the error message "Communication Error" when trying to print.

I posted the following error on this site Aug 10, 2015 and was given the following instructions to fix. I performed those and it started to print again, Recently I have the same symptoms, I can scan but not print due to the communications error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently installed Windows 10 and when I attempt to print on my Dell v305 inkjet printer I receive the error message "Communications Not Available" my printer is attached via USB. I can use the scan feature of the printer and it scans fine, just when I try printing I receive the error. The print job appears in the print queue, just wont print. I tried reinstalling with no luck also saw there was no Windows 10 driver. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2016 21:00

stripes52331163,

Did you turn off the balloon tips as mentioned HERE?

If the printer is wireless, are you using channels 1, 6 or 11? I prefer channel 11.

Rick

No Events found!