Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2014 09:00

Dell V313 Will Not Turn Off

I have a Dell V313 AIO (USB) printer. Install new print cartridge and ran align. Once completed the printer will not turn off. None of the buttons will respond. I unplugged both the power cord and the USB cable overnight.  Plugged in the printer and still froze. Any suggestions.

cksfly

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 1st, 2014 18:00

cksfly,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 21, 22 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

No Events found!