Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 24th, 2012 11:00

Dell V313w Printer won't print properly

I'm trying to assist my father who has a Dell  V313w Printer. It will print the black on a page, but not the color even thought I have inserted a new color cartridge. What's more, it will not print even the black on a photocopy. Can anyone help us?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 24th, 2012 15:00

October 25th, 2012 06:00

Hey, Rick, thanks for the info. I tried cleaning the printhead, but had no changes in results. I read your profile (I believe you, and I would call them bios). You see, I am a 63-year-old, former newspaper publisher...I did it all...and, I too, am in terrible health after battling several illnesses.

Since that did not work, I want to know if I am assured replacing the printhead with a new one will make the printer print. These printers are so cheap to purchase, I'm thinking about just getting dad a different printer. I'm an HP fan and have been for years, and I hate the Dell priority crap when it comes to getting toner cartridges. I'll just need to find him one that will scan and copy as well. He probably does more of that than printing, although I think at 88 he calls making a photcopy "scanning". 

I hope you continue to endure your ill wealth well. God Bless!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 25th, 2012 10:00

Richard1Rippe,

On some of the models, the original printhead may malfunction, but the replacement printhead seems to last a long time, been there done that.

The name Photocopy was for copying. There used to be Photocopying machines, now shortened to copying machines.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi, I'm in a similar situation.  I've been given a nearly new V313w printer and as it had no ink in it, I ordered one of each Black & colour.  I'm getting some colour but not a lot and absolutely NO black is printing.  I've followed the cleaning of printheads, etc. but still no joy.

Any thoughts please.

Cheers.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 18:00

Hi Breva_750,

Updating the printer Firmware should take care of the problem. To update the Firmware follow the below steps:

(Note: Firmware should be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable)

Use this link to check the steps to remove the Printhead: http://tinyurl.com/5rvkscs

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
  2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
  3. Open this link in the computer:  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-v313w.
  4. Select the operating system of the computer from the list.
  5. Under the  category Firmware, select the correct Firmware based on the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
  6. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware.
  7. Reinsert the printhead and try printing and check.
  8. If the issue persists please perform a deep clean of printhead and check.

If the issue persists after updating the firmware and deep clean of printhead, the printhead needs to be replaced.

In case the printer has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name. 
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

To check the Warranty status use this link:  http://tinyurl.com/5r4b8j

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

December 7th, 2012 11:00

I'm afraid there is no success.  Still no black ink being printed.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 7th, 2012 20:00

Hi Breva_750,

As I mentioned the printhead needs to be replaced.

In case the printer has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name. 
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

Please reply for further help.

December 8th, 2012 03:00

No Events found!