Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2011 09:00

Dell V515w multifunction printer/scanner/fax

How can I get the scanner recognised in Windows Fax and Scan? I keep getting a message that no scanner is found. It works in the proprietary software but I can't find a way to tweak the scan results there ( lighten, darken etc).

September 10th, 2011 21:00

pjdaly45,

Did you install the OCR Program?

Not sure if this printer uses Dell Printer Home, Dell Imaging toolbox or Dell All-In-One Center.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall your printer, start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V515 Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With your computer online, insert the printer disk. Install the printer and folow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 11th, 2011 06:00

pjdaly45,

I'm guessing you have Dell Printer Home as the Software. Open Dell printer Home and can you click on Document to scan a document?

Rick

4 Posts

September 11th, 2011 06:00

Thanks for your reply Rick.

I don't think there is any problem with the printer pre se since I can print fine. The problem is getting the scanner recognised in Windows Fax & Scan. This is a wireless printer, could it be that it has to be connected by cable for the scanner to be seen?

As I said before I can use the Dell software to scan but the features aren't what I would like so I'd like to use the Windows app.

4 Posts

September 11th, 2011 08:00

Yes, I can do that as I said but my choices are limited. Is there no way to have the scanner seen in Windows Fax & Scan?

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 11th, 2011 16:00

pjdaly45,

I was first thinking that you needed the OCR Program installed. If Documents is not greyed out, then it's installed.

To be able to fax, then Dell V515 has to be connected to a regular telephone line or if you have cable, try changing the setting like this person did. Faxing with Comcast Cable

The computer will probable need to be USB Cable connected to the printer and then install the faxing software from ther disk. You'll also have to have it usb connected to send and recieve faxes.

Not sure if this tool will help or not. BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing

Rick

No Events found!