Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 13th, 2009 18:00

Dell v505w imaging toolbox problem with windows 7

Upgraded my Dell to Windows 7. All's well and the printer drivers work fine. Only problem is with the Dell imaging toolbox. Everytime I click on the desktop icon I get an app4.exe request and when I click ok it says microsoft.net framework version 2.0 is required to continue. I've tried downloading it from Microsoft, says windows 7 doesn't need it. Tried loading the dell printer program in vista sp2 compatibility mode, still same problem. So don't know what to do now, help.....

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 13th, 2009 21:00

jonkad,

I was given this information and also told that to install the printer to use the Vista drivers and install it in the compatibility mode.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Error After Upgrading to Windows 7

Rick

1 Message

March 15th, 2010 17:00

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, where exactly do you find the Vista drivers?  I opened the disk that came with the printer but couldn't find where it said Vista drivers. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 15th, 2010 21:00

vinnyR,

To install the V505w with Windows 7, try following the instructions located at...

V505 & V505w All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread (W7)

The trick is to install the drivers in the compatibility mode.

Rick

1 Message

February 15th, 2012 01:00

I had this same issue using a Dell Inspiron N5110 running Windows 7 64-bit.

I uninstalled the Dell V505w Pinter (according to instructions found here).

Then, I installed the correct printer drivers for the 64-bit version of Windows. When I did this, the installer by default suggested installing the software in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)' directory. However, I had the option to select a different location for installation. I browsed to the 'C:\Program Files' directory and created a new folder titled 'Dell V505w' and double checked to make sure that this folder was selected as the destination. The drivers download included the Dell Imaging
Toolbox. After installing the drivers and rebooting my computer, I was able to connect my computer with the printer so that I could print and scan wirelessly.

If you are having a similar challenge and using a different version of Windows, here is the V505w Drivers and Downloads page
This will allow you to select your operating system and download the correct software.

In case this is helpful, here is a link to the V505w User Guide.

1 Message

September 15th, 2012 22:00

I cannot scan to my computer at all because I cannot get help at all for a printer they sent in replacement....in March 2012.  I had bought new extended warrantees for my Dell computer...Inspiron 560, and my Dell All in one, V515W, on same day.  My computer is still under warrrantee til D3ec. 2012, but Dell never called to let me know about extending it,  I had to find that out this morniong that they say it expired 9-1-2012.  So theywant 289.00 for a complete software warranttee combo one year warrantee, on this <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>  .....the printer.  Originally the one year warrantee was 62.00....and it still is, but not for me, as it is now expired.

I have no email telling me that, and I would not have really gotten it anyway, as I am a cancer patient going thru chemo, and a high blood pressure attack with a hospital stay in Burbank, California for almost four week.  My son, who was Navy, is ret. and living here in our family home, and maintaining it, never got one email on this computer about its expiration.

I do not know what the problem is with this out of warrantee, and can't buy another warrantee either.....

What do I do with this mess of <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> now?

The replaced my previous Printer ....same model....earlier this year....March, as the carriage for ink was having sliding problems, sticky, and I was putting new carriages in it, and it suddenly burst forward, the force of it ripped to my right index finger, and almost fractured my hand, and it was so swollen when my doctor saw it he thought i broke my whole hand, and casted it, and three weeks later, my whole hand was black and blue, and required therapy....I am 72, my insurance paid for most.....My bill was well over 482.00, then the therapy for 987.00. and I am still on a pain pill, as it swells up when it rains, and here in Mt. Home, Ar....that is daily.

What can I do to install the Imaging Tollbox so I can get this scanning done?

DELL DID NOTHING, sent a new printer, because of the warrantee.......not even WE ARE SO SORRY.

Kate

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 16th, 2012 02:00

Kate,

Sorry to hear about the problems.

Do you have the printer disk?

Make and model of your computer and opertaing system. 32-bit or 64-bit?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Are you using the wirless adapter in the printer or a usb cable? If wireless, does this printer have a WiFi light and if yes, is it showing it's connected? If not connected, please provide the make and model of your wireless router and the type of security. What channel?

Rick

No Events found!