Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 29th, 2017 10:00

Dell v515w printer won't print with black ink

Hello

I have recently changed the black ink cartridge of my DELL v515w printer and noticed it doesn't print with black ink anymore. When I try to print in black and white, it just spits out blank pages, and when I print in color, all the black accents are just left out.

Here's all the things I've tried until now (with no success) :

-Deepcleaning the printhead (3 times)

-Aligning the ink cartridges (2-3 times)

-Photocopying w/o the computer (gives blank pages)

-Cleaning the printhead manually with a piece of cloth

-Reinserting the old cartridge which still had a tiny bit of ink left (same result)

-Reinstalling printer drivers

-Resetting the printer to factory settings

-Disabling Demo mode

-Trying to print through wireless and through USB ( same result)

I'm a bit annoyed as I've already wasted half of the ink cleaning and aligning the printer, with no positive outcome.

I also came to the conclusion that the problem is definitely the printer, since photocopying didn't work either.

I've already spent loads of time trying to find a solution and at this point I'm a little desperate, so any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2017 11:00

GalahadIV,

Sounds like you got a faulty Dell Series 21, 23 Black ink cartridge. I would return it to the place of purchase for a replacement.

If that does not work, here are articles I have...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and here is a Replacement Printhead if needed.

Rick

4 Posts

June 29th, 2017 14:00

I had another cartridge lying around...same result, so it's definitely not a faulty cartridge , let alone three, since the previous one didn't work either, and as stated, I allready cleaned the printhead ( I found the same article)

4 Posts

July 11th, 2017 05:00

anyone?

4 Posts

July 11th, 2017 07:00

nvm It works now

2 Posts

February 12th, 2018 12:00

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

2 Posts

February 12th, 2018 12:00

What did you do to get it working?

No Events found!