Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 19th, 2009 12:00

Driver for Laser 1100 on Dell Website is wrong.

I recently reloaded my Dimension 530 desktop with the factory install of Windows Vista in preparation for Windows 7. I couldn't find the Drivers CD for my Laser Printer, so I went to the Drivers section of this website and downloaded the driver there:

DELL_PERSONAL-LASER-1100_A06_R242475.EXE

When you run it, the expander part of the installer says it's for the Laser 1100. But, when you run the Setup.exe in the drivers directory it installs a driver for a color MFP Laser.

This is useless to me.

Windowx Vista installed a minimal driver, but I'd like the full function driver with all the features.

There is NO WAY to send an email to Dell Support about this problem. Without a Service Code which I can't get without the full driver (I'm handicapped and simply can't life or move the printer to get to the service code), I can't get to chat or even to email technical support. This is a problem. I should be able to email somebody at Dell without a service code.

I found the email in my system from 2006 when I bought the printer, and no service code is in any of the emails.

Can someone from Dell fix this problem and tell me when I can download the correct driver?

Thanks!

29 Posts

October 26th, 2009 09:00

You didn't read what I wrote.

The filename is correct, when you run it -- it indicates that it is the driver for the Laser 1100. It unpacks the driver into a directory. When you actually run the setup for the driver, it's for a color MFP printer.

Understand?

October 26th, 2009 09:00

hello there, i know thats directing you to an incorrect driver, let me give you this correct one, heres the driver filename:  R102558.exe  , just put that in the search bar and download it, try and its for 1100 laser printer, ok? if your operating system is xp. hope you got it right. 

2 Posts

October 27th, 2009 16:00

I'm pretty sure he read it and understands.  I searched for the file name he specified and it worked like a champ.  Did you at least try it?

9 Posts

February 16th, 2011 05:00

Not only is it the wrong driver, even for the specified printer, the directory for the 64bit installation - as mentioned in the INF - does not even exist.

[autorun]
open = Setup.exe
ICON = Setup.exe

////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// For Windows 9x USB Port Driver and
//     Windws 9x/2000/XP Vender Setup
//
// Installer Version
////////////////////////////////////////////////
[INFOMATION]
VERSION =V2.10.17:04

MFG_0=Dell
MDL_0=2145cn

DRIVER_NAME_0=Dell 2145cn Color Laser MFP

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// For Windows XP PnP . Set Printer to GDI
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[DeviceInstall]
DriverPath=PRINTER\SPL_PCL_COLOR\WINXP_2000_VISTA_32
DriverPath=PRINTER\SPL_PCL_COLOR\WINXP_VISTA_64
DriverPath=SCANNER\WINXP_2000_VISTA_32
DriverPath=SCANNER\WINXP_VISTA_64

I see a couple of spelling mistakes in there also!

The driver description is listed as follows:-

Web package for Dell 1100 Mono Laser. This package contains print driver for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista 64-bit operating systems and compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.

9 Posts

February 16th, 2011 14:00

I used DELL_PERSONAL-LASER-1100_A06_R242474.exe instead.

It's only listed as being for 64 bit [x64] - which is what I requir - but there is an equivalent, separately named, 32 bit [x86] listing too.

No Events found!