Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

TO

March 11th, 2018 10:00

E525w, Apple OS, duplexing

I just got a Dell E525w a couple of weeks ago, and I am unable to discover how to turn on manual duplexing under OS X El Capitan. I've installed the same printer drivers on my Mac system and on Windows 10. I see the option for it on Windows 10 but not under OS X. The printer dialog looks the same as before, even though System Report shows the Dell driver 2.0 correctly installed.

1 Message

September 4th, 2018 19:00

I would also like to know.

I only bought this printer because the ad said it had duplex, so I'm quite upset to find out it doesn't.  So okay, it has manual duplex, which at least makes it easy to do single larger documents.  But no, it doesn't have that either.

The PDF manual even says "NOTE: PS printer driver does not support manual duplex printing."  I don't know what a PS driver is but there is only one Mac driver available.

There is no binding option.  No nothing.

To print on both sides I had to 1) print all odd pages; 2) reverse the stack by putting every page down on the table one at a time, from the top one down; 3) put into paper tray; 4) print all even pages; 5) reverse the stack again; 6) retrieve the page that didn't print from the tray (because it had nothing on the back).  And, despite carefully following the paper loading directions from the manual, it still printed the backs upsidedown.

Just no, no, no.

Where is the correct driver?

Thank you.

No Events found!