Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2005 23:00

Error Code 0502

I have been trying to print color pictures on my A940 model printer.  I get 20% to 50% complete and the printer stops and gives me an error code 0502.  I have two new ink cartridges installed.  I have pulled both and reinstalled.  I have also turned off the power to the printer and turned back on.  I've also rebooted my computer.  Nothing seems to help.   Please help me.

Thanks,

Sandy

3 Posts

December 20th, 2005 10:00

I am having this exact problem with my A940.   Have you found a solution?

2 Posts

December 20th, 2005 15:00

I am having the same problem. I have cleaned the code strips behind the print carrier but this has had no affect on the problem. I have changed print cartridges but that has had no affect on the problem.

3 Posts

December 20th, 2005 18:00

I tried wiping the silver bar with a clean tissue, which came out very dirty with black stuff.  I was then able to print the picture for the first time since the problem began.  I don't know if this is a fix or just a fluke but at least it is working for now.

64 Posts

January 18th, 2006 04:00

Hi there folks,

With the hardware error 0502 the best things to

1. Remove the ink cartiriges and clean the copper tape where the ink sits in the printer

2. Clean the (Encoder Strip) thin pice of plastic that runs behind the ink carrige with a paper towel going right to left pinch it between your thum and fore finger works best.

3. Clean off the silver bar once or twice no more then that

4. Unplug the power from the back of the printer and then reconnect it after 5 seconds

If problem persist try cleaning steps again usinf a lightly damp paper towel and then let printer sit for 5 minutes to allow to dry and reconnect power supply and try again

Basically in English tewrms the Hardware error 0502 means the printer needs to be cleaned

Hope this helps

2 Posts

January 18th, 2006 12:00

I finally gave up and bought a Photo 964. However if I have any problems with it, it is the last printer I will purchase form Dell. I also have a Dell 3000cn which only lasted 15 months before it started paper jamming on a regular basis. I'm going back to Lexmark pretty quick. I am sorry I can't help. I have been where you are and it is terribly frustrating. Good luck. Chuck

1 Message

March 20th, 2006 02:00

I just followed your advice and cleaned the heck out of my printer.  It turns out there was glitter on the bottom inside cover (from Xmas letters).  It was really dirty.  I just printed 200 documents all at once!  Thank you!

1 Message

February 6th, 2007 00:00

How is the sensor strip fit into the ink cartridge carrier? Does it just sit in back of it or is it threaded through the carrier? It is really hard to see in there - right now it looks as though the strip is just sitting there in back of the carrier and not threaded through it.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2007 14:00

thanks for replying but I finally gave up just bought a new printer.  I couldn't be happier with my Epson CX3810.
No Events found!