Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

June 26th, 2018 11:00

H625cdw - Scanning and Cloud Print Issues

I've had this printer for a while now, and while it prints, copies and faxes well (most of the time), there are two MAJOR recurring issues that need to be fixed. First: Scanning. Occasionally it will work fine-- I can scan from the printer itself, or from the Dell Printer Hub, or from the Microsoft Scan app. But then little by little, things will go awry. First, I won't be able to scan from the printer itself. Then I scan from the hub, but next time it will say "No scanner installed." Then I scan from the Microsoft app, but the next time, that doesn't work either ("trouble connecting to scanner.") It's beyond frustrating dealing with this. I've reinstalled and updated the software numerous times. Device Manager shows that the driver is up-to-date and that the device is working properly (under "Imaging Devices.")

Now with Google Cloud Print -- I keep getting error messages. And occasionally it will work OK, or sometimes a document will suddenly print out several days after I sent it to the printer, and only because I restarted it.

Running Windows 10 (updated.) Dell desktop computer; connected via USB. Any thoughts?

13 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 18:00

The Google cloud print thing happens to me too. Won't print until I press the power button to manually wake it. It's like it's not properly maintaining the connection to Google over time. Should be easy for these guys to diagnose via network capture and fix, but I guess they have better things to do than support their business products.

No Events found!