Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 4th, 2018 22:00

H625cdw, scanner error code 062-380

I've used this printer over the last 13 months in my home office to print perhaps 15 pages total. Now, when it boots up, I get Scanner error 062-380 and it requests that I turn the power off and turn it back on again.

The message says "Contact Customer Support if the error is repeated"

As mentioned previously, the printer is 13 months old and now out of warranty - and it looks like Dell does not allow warranty extensions on printers.

I can't get past the scanner error to actually use the printer, and I am not particularly happy about my price per page ROI. ;)

Can anyone tell me what this error is? Where I can get my hands on a service manual or parts? - or even just recommend an approved repair shop in the Chicagoland area?

I cannot believe that a printer as rarely used as this one has suddenly failed for no obvious reason.

July 24th, 2019 13:00

EXACT same boat. But great news! Dell will gladly offer you out of warranty repair service at 179.99 to get a tech to your house for 2 hours, then based on this code all of us are having they will gladly sell you 3 parts that will all total 3 or 4 times higher than we paid for the stupid printer! isn't that so nice of them? I would HIGHLY suggest not purchasing printers from Dell based on how they are treating us loyal customers. If anyone does know of a way to escalate to the office of the president to complain, please provide how to. 

1 Message

August 2nd, 2019 05:00

I got the same problem in few days ago, used very lightly. I guess Dell installed the time bomb, therefore, force everyone to buy an new one. My Dell Laptop broke last month too. Stay away from Dell, will not buy any Dell products again. Bye Dell.

1 Message

August 21st, 2019 09:00

I'm astonished reading how many others have this issue with their printer, and 

3 Posts

August 21st, 2019 19:00

I also have this problem. Dell and representatives, please provide a way around this issue; at least to able to use the printer.

1 Message

August 28th, 2019 09:00

My warranty expired in April and now I'm getting the same warning as the rest of you.  I've tried asking Dell for help.  Nada.  Yesterday, I ordered a Brother printer.  This is the last straw for Dell as far as I'm concerned.  I wonder if the idea of great produce and great service has crossed their minds?  It seems logical to me that a good business practice is to assist those who buy your product.  More than that, it seems wise to go out of your way to make the customer happy.  Who knows, they may not come back to your products if you fail to do so.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2019 07:00

I am in the same boat...any help would appreciated by Dell. 

1 Message

September 6th, 2019 15:00

I have the same problem - just happened few days ago (and the printer became a heavy paper weight).  I didn't use the scanner, but trying to print out one page document, but the printer was not responding, so, I went to the printer and saw the same error code like millions of other Dell printer user.   I've just purchased a brand new (super expensive) toners (4 color set)..... stupid.

1 Message

September 30th, 2019 06:00

I too am in the same boat. Same model printer with the same error. The warranty on mine expired January 2019 so I guess mine is a miracle of sorts as it lasted almost a year longer than the warranty period. This is ridiculous that I too have a useless printer on my network because of a known error. I will not buy another Dell printer for my network. I'll buy Brother printers from now on. Very disappointed by Dell right now. 

1 Message

October 5th, 2019 13:00

I've used this printer for the last year and a few months at my tailoring business and it's worked great. I don't use it often but I bought two sets of toner for it, just in case I needed them.

I went to print something a few days ago and I got this same error message. I called Dell support and they said because it was 3 months out of warranty they refuse to do anything to fix it. They won't let me pay out of pocket to have a tech come over to look at it, they won't let me order the parts I need, they won't even tell me what's triggered the error. I never had any issues with the printer, and up until three days ago it was fully functional. This feels like some sort of scam, the representative told me my only option was to buy a new printer and throw away all the perfectly good toner I had stocked up. 

Dell has no class, there needs to be some action, this sort of thing should be against the law. Now I'm unable to ship out any suits because of this printer. 

Michael Dell must be spinning in his grave. From now on, this dude will not be getting any more Dells.

October 10th, 2019 12:00

Sadly, 2 months out of warranty mine did the same thing. And I only used the scanner 3 or 4 times. I've only printed a total of about 200 sheets of paper.

1 Rookie

• 

28 Posts

October 10th, 2019 14:00

This just happened to my printer. Ink is not even 1/2 used. This looks like a

I am done with them. After countless Dell purchases I think I am done. 2 consecutive product failures that seem like bad design/qa where the whole line has same defect. There is no procedure at Dell to address these kinds of problems.

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 02:00

I have the same issue. I've purchased several of the 625 printers with no better luck or support. I've been a strickly Dell fan for close to twenty years always making sure every company I worked with only purchased Dell.

The Dell reputation has always been to service what they sell, but I guess time brings about a change.

I remember when the 45 degree angle in Dell was a symbol to be proud of, it represented rapid growth in a particular direction, perhaps it still represents, its just pointed in a different direction. 

October 12th, 2019 09:00

Another customer, another error message, another wasted computer with tremendous e-waste.  Why can't we still use the printer, if not the scanner?  This is very sad, and only within two years of purchase.  How can Dell just let all these victims suffer through no fault of their own.  This is a defective product that needs a recall.  Laser printers should last many years, especially newer models.  Other industries honor recalls.  I think we need to contact a consumer protection organization, government consumer rights agency, or even a specialized law firm.  These printers are very expensive, so we paid for quality and reliability.  Maybe we also need to call Corporate Office.  With the right publicity, Dell will realize the real cost.  Shame on Dell.  You're better than this, right?

1 Message

October 13th, 2019 12:00

I as well have the same issue, still on the first toner cartridge but out of warranty so no help. The girl on the phone said the only thing to do is buy another printer. Very frustrating and wasteful. I am going to send a corporate email in hopes of better response but not optimistic. 

3 Posts

October 13th, 2019 16:00

No Events found!