Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 4th, 2018 22:00

H625cdw, scanner error code 062-380

I've used this printer over the last 13 months in my home office to print perhaps 15 pages total. Now, when it boots up, I get Scanner error 062-380 and it requests that I turn the power off and turn it back on again.

The message says "Contact Customer Support if the error is repeated"

As mentioned previously, the printer is 13 months old and now out of warranty - and it looks like Dell does not allow warranty extensions on printers.

I can't get past the scanner error to actually use the printer, and I am not particularly happy about my price per page ROI. ;)

Can anyone tell me what this error is? Where I can get my hands on a service manual or parts? - or even just recommend an approved repair shop in the Chicagoland area?

I cannot believe that a printer as rarely used as this one has suddenly failed for no obvious reason.

246 Posts

January 27th, 2020 04:00

I have found that it seems that the led driver that lights the scan bar is not functioning properly, similar to the driver that would light an led backlight. I am not sure if it is a separate component or within the mainboard. My scanner led does light but only for a flash. It would help if dell would release the wire diagram.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2020 16:00

I'm having the same problem code 062-380.  I have under 100 copies and this thing is dead.  Of course my warranty expired and when I spoke to out of warranty support, they suggested I purchase another printer.  I'm so done with Dell.  I've read most of these same issues on this forum and there are no solutions and Dell could care less.  Your product is only as good as your customer service.  I had a problem with my dell computer and monitor.  #DELLISTRASH.  I got out of my dell and purchased a lenovo.  I'm purchasing a canon printer and get this, the printer comes with a three year warranty. and my monitor is samsung.  never again will I spend another dime on dell trash.  

3 Posts

March 31st, 2020 06:00

Literature for this printer's sibling version, the Xerox WorkCentre 6515 has led to some relevant content. May or may not be useful for some of you.

I was able to find a copy of the 6515 service manual posted. Page 75 and 336 (not sure why the 2 different sections, the first one is more of a troubleshooting guide and the 2nd is just replace stuff).

https://www.laserpros.com/img/manuals/xerox-manuals/phaser-6510-wc6515-service.pdf

In there the error 062-380 is specifically addressed. (good news)

The first thing to try is to clean the both scanner's glass and white reflective surfaces (also good news). See these Xerox articles:

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/2110286

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/x_vlc400_en-O2797

That's the end of the easy stuff.

Next is to check all the digital/electrical connectors from scanners to circuit board.

Then try replacement of entire flatbed scanner assembly. <-This is where I'm at, haven't replaced it yet.

Then try replacement of entire DADF scanner assembly.

Then try replacement of circuit board.

3 Posts

April 17th, 2020 14:00

Ok where did you buy it from? I have a s3845cdn

3 Posts

If you can locate a replacement scanner bed assembly to buy and swap with the existing one on the printer, that worked for me. Requires disassembling the printer somewhat.

3 Posts

Is this really happening? I am so heartbroken....honestly. 1400$ S3845cdn and it is trash? I can not believe that all of us ha e expierienced the exact same issue to the T and with no answer from Dell except the run around. We have to do something about this. Does anyone know what can be done?

3 Posts

April 18th, 2020 08:00

This thread is focused on the H625cdw so I don't know how much is common between the two as far as troubleshooting 062-380 error.

I was able to find an scanner assembly for H625cdw on ebay. See my other post about the 062-380 error with links to xerox sites, there is some basic cleaning to try first.

April 28th, 2020 20:00

Had the same problem for my S2825cdn and was very frustrated and was looking for ways to get past the error screen. I had success on resetting my printer and it is working for now but not sure if this will work with other models that have the same error code. I was able get past the error screen and reset my printer by downloading the latest firmware (below) and connecting to the printer by USB. The firmware won't update when the printer is locked on the error screen, so you will have to start the firmware software and reboot the printer and continuously click on the refresh button until you see the printer come up in the update utility and then select the printer quickly and click the 'next' button to continue. The firmware will start transferring and you will see the file download message on the printer control panel. Once the firmware update completes close the utility software and reboot the printer. I am on Windows10 and had to remove my existing printer and re-add the newly discovered printer to be able to print again. Not sure how long the printer will last but so happy that something actually worked. Not certain if this will work for everybody but hope it can help some to recover their printer also. Best of luck everyone, hope it works out for you also,

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vp88g

12 Posts

May 30th, 2020 17:00

@Alpha32DELL, how long did it take to do the firmware update? I am able to get the update tool to say it's transferring files but doesn't seem to progress and the h825cdw display always goes to the error screen, regardless of how quickly I select the device and click Next in the update software.

Can you add any more details or tips on how to get the firmware update installed?

June 3rd, 2020 09:00

Hi Phaaze,

The firmware update was short lived, my unit went back to the 062-380 state a week later. I've been trying to redo the firmware update but coming across the same problem as you now . Trying to retrace how the first upgrade went through but will post again if I can solve the problem.

1 Message

June 19th, 2020 12:00

Has everyone upgraded to the 12/4/2018 Firmware?

I did and haven't ever had the error code pop up. (bot the H625 in 2015 and so far so good) 

I also found the following page that discusses the End Of Life for the sibling Xerox 6515 that describes the different boards in the All-In-One. I haven't a clue which one is generating the error message, but maybe this'll help some of you more techies.

xerox.com/downloads/usa/en/w/WorkCentre_6515_End_of_Life_Characterization_Report.pdf  

Couldn't find similar for the Dell All-In-Ones but ...

1 Message

October 18th, 2020 13:00

I faced the same problem. I followed  Alpha32DELL's advice and updated the firmware.  But that didn't fix the problem. 

Later I followed John's8288's advice.

I turned off the printer, removed the power cable for 10 min and then I cleaned the scanner glass and the white reflective surface with a moist paper towel and then wiped it with a dry paper towel to remove the water and dry it out. I turned it back on and voila! I'm so happy! Hopefully it will continue to work but I have no hopes considering the experiences of fellow   

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2020 16:00

Hey Everyone I have been dealing with this for about a year and about every other time when I held the power down for six seconds to restart it would work. For a week now that hasn’t been the case. So I came back to look for an online solution. I tried everything everyone suggested to no avail. Unplugging and coming back an hour later and plugging cord back into the back of printer. In a last ditch effort I loaded paper into the automatic feeder. Reset and it worked. Hope this simple trick helps everyone who’s H625cdw seems to have been bricked. Fingers crossed. Hope this helps someone else continue to use their Dell printer. 

2 Posts

November 4th, 2020 14:00

Well my scanner troubles have returned. The work around I thought I had found lasted for about three sleep and restart cycles until the scanner error code came back. I tried the hold the power button for six seconds to restart and no luck. Before I was about to give up I decided to try the hold power button for six seconds to restart one more time. But before I held the power button down again, I pulled the paper out of the automatic document feeder on top of the scanner. When I did, I heard and felt the document feeder release the documents as I pulled them out. So, I put the stack of papers back in the document feeder this time I didn’t hear or feel it grab hold of the papers. I held the power button down for six seconds. When it restarted it powered all the way up and went to the Home Screen like normal. I have been successful with this method now several times after I have gotten the scanner code error. 
I’m beginning to think our issue is in the document feeder for the scanner on start up. 

1 Message

December 7th, 2020 20:00

I own three of these printers, all only a few years old, and two now have this scanning error!

No Events found!