Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2008 16:00

How Do I Reset The Web Interface Password on a W5300 WorkGroup Laser Printer

Only Previous Post I found on Topic was not very helpful.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19147756/19270742.aspx#19270742

I have already tried resetting the printer to factory defaults from the utilities menu, but that did not do anything as far as I can tell. I do not even know how the password got enabled; I have had the printer unplugged for several days as I just moved. The Printer works over USB & Ethernet but I cannot access many of the settings or update the firmware on the web interface. Is there an internal reset on the printer system board like on a PC? Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Setup is thus:

Multiple computers on a home network running Windows XP & Vista (The Linux Boxes are not set up yet and I probably will not need to print from them anyway) & The w5300 is connected to the network directly with no print server

Thank You

3 Posts

August 20th, 2009 17:00

I also tried all the things above, such as reseting to "factory defaults" several times, but this does not even change the IP, which is manual and I want dhcp.

And I cannot believe Dell cannot answer 2 simple questions! I've been looking for over 30 minutes everywhere and even google finds no answers! So, dell, PLEASE:

(1.)  How Do I Reset The Web Interface Password on a W5300 WorkGroup Laser Printer?

The earlier post refers to the manual: if you search the entire pdf the word password appears twice and the word "web" only once: the two mentions of password on page 53 are *NOT* referring to the password for the web interface.

(2.) Is there is a factory default password, and if so, what is it? At least we know the username is "admin", since the webpage says:

Other Features

User name for password is: admin
Set Password

You can "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 10000" and get the LXK: prompt, but the enable command still asks for (hopefully the same) password.

Come on Dell, can someone step to the plate, please!!!

I suspect the password 

I suspect that the password, IP address etc are stored on the hard-drive. I hope I don't have to remove the hard-drive.

1.7K Posts

August 21st, 2009 13:00

Hey Vanilla,

Sorry to hear about the problems your having.
I looked thru the prior links on this issue and no where did I see this actual procedure. (of course, soem of the links apppear to be broken :emotion-6: )

Give this a shot, if no workee, I will find out.

For the M52/W5300 printers:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the "Select" and "Return" buttons. These are the top, right-most pair; "Select" button on left, "Return" button on right.
3. Turn on the printer.
4. Release the buttons when "Performing Self Test" is displayed.
The message CONFIG MENU displays on the top line of the operator panel.

To reset factory defaults:
1. Press the right-arrow button until Factory Defaults is displayed; press "Select".
2. Use the Right/Left rocker buttons to view selections; "Restore Base" or "Restore Network".
3. Select Restore Base or Restore Network; press "Enter". (suggest "Base" 1st)
4. The printer will reset and restore the settings to factory defaults
Advise doing both resets to fully restore printer to factory defaults. Start over at the top.

Username = admin
Passwords for all Dell lasers are: "admin" or "password" or " "(no password, leave blank)

They are never stored on the hard drive.

obtw..... although this forum is moderated by Dell, they are in no way responsible to privide the answers you sometimes get here. It's up to members like you and me to contribute and help our "compadres".

No Events found!