Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 18th, 2011 10:00

Laser Mfp 1815dn

I have a Dell 1815dn,   I recently got this printer from work, the printer works great most of the time,  the problem is if I print just one page it prints fine, but if I print more than one page it gives me a  "paper Jam, cartridge one error,"   then have to open the back cover and pull the toner cartridge out and clear out the jam and the printer works again just fine,    I noticed that when I do that it seems there is one page  that is stuck halfway through and the next page is caught in the rollers going up to the toner cartridge, almost like is trying to feed 2 pages at a time,   I've pulled the fuser unit out, and cleaned out the rollers and didn't see any paper caught inside,  I've also cleaned all the other rollers and I can't find anything wrong or jammed inside..  

Now when I use the bypass tray and not use the paper tray for loading paper the printer works just fine no problem and I can print multiple pages without a jam and it  is is just when I try to load paper from the paper tray to use that i gives me the jamming issues,   with it working fine with this setup,  I don't think its the fuser unit or toner cartridge giving me the problems,   I just can't seem to figure out what is causing this to jam..   anybody have any hints or suggestions,  I've looked at various post and solutions on web and nothing to seems to work with the problems I'm having.      Thanks for any and all help..    

2 Posts

September 24th, 2011 02:00

Anybody??

1 Message

May 14th, 2013 18:00

I recently encountered this exact same issue and the culprit was a worn "Separation Pad" in the paper tray itself. 

No Events found!