Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2013 10:00

Linux Drivers for Dell AIO 810

Hi,

I have migrated to Ubuntu 12.04 from the supplied XP on my system but the Dell AIO 810 refuses to work with any of the Linux drivers for Dell. The supplied CD for my 810 AIO do not seem to have any Linux drivers. Has any one got any? I know Dell did use to sell systems with Linux installed ( I don't know which distro) so presumably drivers must exist. Alternatively I asume the device is rebadged from some other printer manufacturer so maker and model number may enable driver to be found. As a last resort is the source code for the windows drivers available so that I can port to Linux. Failing that one needs to know the exact requirments for the printer and the scanner to start writing from scratch.

parcdulas

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2013 02:00

parcdulas,

Your Dell 810 printer, if I'm correct, was made for Dell by Lexmark. If you can find a similar printer on Lexmark's website, the drivers may or may not work. I don't think Dell had Linux drivers for this printer.

Rick

6 Posts

March 1st, 2013 06:00

Dell seem to be virtually impossible to contact to confirm original manufacturer of the 810. There is no similar looking model on the Lexmark site and Lexmark Tech support do not recognise the 810 and suggest I contact Dell. So where do I go from here?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2013 16:00

parcdulas,

I can only find Windows drivers for this printer.

Rick

No Events found!