Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2011 18:00

PRINTER PROBLEM! COLOR INK CARTRIDGE WON'T PRINT!!!

I have a Dell V515w printer (operating w/Dell Studio XPS & WindowsVista) & all of the sudden the color ink cartridge will not print. I have tried EVERYTHING! The cartridge was not empty or low, but I replaced it with a new one anyway out of desperation, but still no luck. I have taken it out & put it back in, as well as the printer head too. I have cleaned it, deep cleaned it, unplugged it, aligned it, and followed tons more of the help/troubleshooting instructions as well & nothing has worked. Regardless of what setting it's on (I've tried them all) only the black will print. If anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.

2 Posts

April 6th, 2012 22:00

My printer is doing the same thing I went from a 23 series to a 21 series from staples because I needed to get paper printer for class and didnt have time to order one from online..  would that have made a difference?

April 7th, 2012 01:00

nolani118,

That should not have made a difference, as long as they are Dell Series 21 cartridges.

Make sure the lip is in the correct position.

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Rick

6 Posts

April 24th, 2012 16:00

Same problem as Marciabrady. Purchased both new black and color ink cartridges and still won't print in color. Followed all troubleshoot instructions and still won't print. If color print head dried out does that require a new printer purchase or is there a fix? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 24th, 2012 17:00

loulou612,

If your printer is under warranty, contact Dell.

If your printer is no longer under warranty, members have purchased a REPLACEMENT PRINTHEAD HERE.

Rick

2 Posts

May 8th, 2012 18:00

My printer is doing the exact same thing. Just bought a brand new color ink cartridge for $22+, thinking it's the cartridge and it still will not print in color.  This seems to be an ongoing problem with Dell printhead. Very frustrating :emotion-6: What a waste of money!

6 Posts

May 8th, 2012 21:00

Thank you Pudgy One. Installation of a new Dell print head solved my printer problem. You are appreciated.

6 Posts

If following the instructions for deep cleaning print head does not work, purchase a new print head, not a new printer. It worked for me and was less expensive than replacing the printer. New print head installation is easy to install. Also be careful to not let your ink cartridges dry out.

6 Posts

Purchase of a new print head worked for me.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 9th, 2012 14:00

loulou612,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

June 4th, 2012 22:00

Seems like this is an ongoing problem with Dell printers!! I also have the V515 printer and it is doing the same thing. Color will not print. It will also not scan anymore. I ordered a new color cartridge from Dell but it still does not work. My printer is only 18 months. Do the printheads typically only last this long. It is strange that so many people are having the same problem. And of course after the warranty has expired. I used my old HP printer for 5 years, changing only the ink cartridges. Nothing else ever had to be replaced. I only bought this printer because it was on sale if ordered at the same time as my laptop. Not a very happy customer!!

1 Message

October 9th, 2012 21:00

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get this problem solved?  I am exactly where you were and hoave done all the things you did.   Thanks

2 Posts

October 10th, 2012 00:00

No, the problem was never resolved. It is definitely the printhead. I opted to just buy another printer, but not from Dell.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 10th, 2012 02:00

Hi arfrey3 / bridgmon,

I can understand electronic devices can create confusion when they do not work the way they are designed for.

Here are few things that we can try to fix this technical issue.

Please remove and reinsert both the color and black ink cartridge and then deep clean the Printhead.

Follow the steps to deep clean the print head:

1. Press the “Setup” button (wrench button) on the printer.
  2. Select “Maintenance” from the menu.
  3. Select “Deep clean Printhead” option.

The printer will deep clean both the ink cartridges and the print head. It will print a test page; check the test page, if the test page has fine colors on it then try printing again, if the test print is not fine then a Firmware update for the printer should take care of the problem.

To update the Firmware software for the printer follow the below steps:

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable,

Use this link for help: http://tinyurl.com/5rvkscs

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
  2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
  3. Open this link in the computer:  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection?fkey=Drivers_PS
  4. Enter the service tag number of the printer.
  5. Select the operating system of the computer from the list of options.
  6. Under the Firmware, select the right Firmware according to the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
  7. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware software.
  8. Reinsert the prinbthead and try printing and check.

please post the results.

2 Posts

October 19th, 2012 20:00

will this printer head fit my Dell V515w

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Please help me with few more details about the printer model  .In case the Printer has active warranty, please private message the printer service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name. 
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. This will help me search the correct part number.

To check the Warranty status use this link: http://tinyurl.com/5r4b8j 

If the printer's warranty is inactive, please contact our sales team to purchase the part.

Contact # 1(877)907-3355

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!