Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2014 10:00

Paper Feed error 050-121 on C3760DN

Error started last week using tray 1 (only tray), printer working fine up to that point.  There is no paper or paper fragment in the mechanism anywhere.  I found reference to error 050-121 on a 5130cdn (article 622134) - the steps were similar enough to the C3760 to follow, sensors seem ok, no paper stuck anywhere, cleaned and swapped feed rollers on the tray and under the printer above the tray slot, checked all the removable parts (transfer belt and roller, fuser).  Also found a customer mode feed test article for the 3130cdn (article 627036) - that printer is close enough that the procedure works although the specific motor references are different, but all motors seem to work fine.  Paper does feed from MPF.  I have to conclude that the problem is with the tray or feed mechanism on the printer that pulls the paper off the tray.  Are there any steps I can take to check the components that pull the paper from the tray?  Perhaps the roller under the printer doesn't drop to engage the paper?  I'm not clear what the mechanical sequence is that pulls the paper to know what to look for.

May 29th, 2014 16:00

Hi Beanat50,

We appreciate the time you invested in running the diagnostics to check the actual cause. The Paper Jam 050-121 is related to feed from Tray 1 on your printer. As you have confirmed that the paper feeds fine from MPF there is no issue with the feeder assembly. However, the only option I can recommend is to try using an identical tray & the feed rollers if you have one and see if that fixes the problem. As per the symptoms and diagnostics you have mentioned so far the issue seems to be with the paper tray. If it works alright with another known good tray and if your printer is under warranty the tray can be replaced.

Let us know if this helped.

1 Message

October 5th, 2014 18:00

I too have this paper jam code 050-121.  The printer is only 3 weeks old.  I had no issues until today.  I can't seem to print more than 5 or 6 copies, then it jams.  I only have the standard feed tray.  What do I do from here?

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 6th, 2014 09:00

Hello John,

Thank you for posting to the forum. As mentioned by Arjun this issue is related to the feed assembly. Normally cleaning the rollers in the back of the unit resolve the issue. You can access these rollers by removing both the primary tray as well as the manual bypass tray assembly. This will let you see to the back where the feed rollers are located. Try cleaning them with rubbing alcohol, if issues persist please contact support.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

4 Posts

October 8th, 2014 11:00

Hello,

I have a 3670dn with the same error message. I found that a small part that hangs down is broken off. It clips in and rotates up and down. Where can I find a schematic to identify the part and where can I then buy one? Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 8th, 2014 14:00

Hello Rick,

Thank you for posting to the forum. Unfortunately there is not a schematic that I can provide. However if you can take a picture and attach the file to a response on this posting I will get you a part number. You attached it by drag and drop in the compose field of your reply.

Regards,

Joseph E

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 15th, 2014 15:00

Hello Rick,

Thank you for posting for the image, that is part of the input sensor from the feed assembly. Currently we do not have the individual part for replacement. That being so the feed chute assembly would need to be ordered. You would not need not to replace the entire assembly just remove the sensor from the new item and change over to your existing system. Replacing the entire feed chute assembly requires about 3 hours of tear down, even for our experienced field techs.

1T72H
ASSEMBLY, KIT CHUTE REGI HIGH , C37XX

Regards,

Joseph E

4 Posts

October 16th, 2014 11:00

Joseph,

Any idea where I can order this assembly and about how much it will cost? Printer gets alot of use in our drafting classroom.

Thanks,

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 17th, 2014 10:00

Hello Rick,

I don't currently have a price for the part but you can contact our spare parts sales team at 1-800-357-3355. Provide them the part number and they should be able to get you squared away.

Regards,
Joseph E

1 Message

October 20th, 2014 15:00

I found out yesterday that the exact same part on our printer has broken off. Our printer is still under warranty. Can this be fixed under warranty?

1 Message

December 9th, 2014 15:00

Hi Joseph

I have the same problem error 050.129 and found the same part at the bottom of our printer as shown in the picture but do not know where it belongs on the printer.

do you have a diagram or able to explain where to put it?

1 Message

June 18th, 2015 11:00

There are several of these Dell 3760/3765/2660/2665 printers at the the locations I work at. I find that if you pull out the the part the printer it will still run. However it will only give a paper jam error when there is no paper in the tray. It will not let you know the printer is out of paper.

It is a shame such a cheap part can bring down the printer and they do not have a part number for it. I have seen the 1T72H ASSEMBLY, KIT CHUTE as a reman for under a hundred buck but the the part you need is only worth a buck tops.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2016 11:00

Well, I spent a lot of time exploring this problem.  I finally glued the broken part back together again, but it did not help.  (I had to add spare plastic under the broken bit, as the epoxy would not hold the part without it.)  All done with that -- and it did not fix the problem, still reported paper jam and out of paper in alternation. 

Re-reading all I could, I found your note that the printer will print without that little part.  I tried it, and it works!

Dell quoted me $85 for the part assembly and $110 for labor:  with tax, it will be over $200.  If you buy only the part, and that solves the problem (I have my doubts), then you could get out for $85.  Too risky, from my perspective. 

Anyhow, I already replaced the printer with a mono Brother HL-5450dn for about $150, works great.  I'll use the old C3760dn only for my occasional color printing from now on.  This is my second (and last) Dell color printer.  I got six years out of the first one, before the color toner ran out - then threw it away.  My color and 11,000p black toners are all over 50% full now, so if I only use it for color, it should last for ages.  I'll put it in the basement and run a network cable to it, should be all set.

1 Message

February 16th, 2017 09:00

In case anyone else comes across this issue where the Black flag is broken, it is actually called a No Paper Actuator and the part number for this part is DC3760-W2. Only the flag needs to be replaced, if you attempt to order the pick up assembly/Feeder assembly it will not come with that piece. You can also of course use the printer without the actuator if you choose to not get it replaced. It is very simple to install and takes less than 2 minutes to put in, no need to disassemble anything. Only remove the Tray 1 and the removable MPF tray.

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2020 13:00

Thanks a ton for this thread.

I have a Dell and got the error message 050-121 (always, no stuck paper):

https://ibb.co/xFbkt0V

Indeed, the little plastic part was broken (I had to flip the entire printer on its side to be able look get access):

https://ibb.co/k0WWDbn

And here's what it looked like (slightly bent and a small part broken off):

https://ibb.co/K9nx8Bn

After removing it, the printer seems to work just fine. If anybody has a part number for the H625cdw, I'd love to get this fixed properly.

No Events found!