Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2009 13:00

Paper feed strikes (3000cn)

Hello,

my printer a 3000cn doesn't feed the paper. This problem appears the first time after a transport of this printer. If the printer starts a job it sounds very noisy. It seems to be a problem of a displacement of something inside. Have anybody any idea or a little hint for me? It could only a little adjustment.

Thanx

Tom

1.7K Posts

October 7th, 2009 12:00

Usually, this is caused by the MPF feed mechanism becoming dirty over time and use. The only real way to clean this thing is to remove it from the printer, completely disassemble, clean, reassemble, and re-install it.

SOooo..... questions for you:
* Do you have the optional paper tray and does this happen when using the Tray or the MPF?
* Are you real handy with tools (#2 Phillips screwdriver and needle-nose pliers) and handling small parts?
* Do you own a digital camera to take numerous pictures of  the MPF feeder BEFORE you take it apart, and, AS you take it apart.... for reference? (digital film is real cheap :emotion-5:)

1 Message

November 19th, 2009 08:00

I'm having the same issue--makes a lot of noise, fails to feed paper, gives paper jam error.  I have determined that the problem is due to the feed mechanism not returning to its correct position.  I can temporarily correct it by removing the paper from the feed tray, reaching inside and pushing on the semicircular plastic piece on the right side of the feed mechanism.  This rotates it from about the 4:00 posiition to 6:00 position. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1.7K Posts

November 19th, 2009 08:00

Hey "SiliconeSky",

It would be great if I could see exactly what you're talking about. Can you take some "before and after" pictures of the action your taking to temp fix?

No Events found!