Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2009 17:00

Photo 964 alignment page failure

Hello,

I am working on trying to fix a photo printer from Dell (964 All in One)

The problem with the alignment page started with the insertion of new printer cartridges.  I tried to attach a screenshot of the page, but it would not work.  I will describe it the best I can.  There is a long black rectangle covering the top half, then skip to the middle of the page and there are blue bars for 4 lines, the 4th and 5th getting really hard to see.  Then a line of blue bars and then slanted to the left blue bars, two more lines of blue bars and 1 more line followed by more slanted blue bars, but twice in number on the line as before.

When the alignment page tries to print, it says it failed and to try a few cleaning runs.  When I do that I get 3 bars of blue red yellow, repeated down the page but it looks ok I guess.  No amount of cleaning will make this error go away.  I have a scan of the alignment page, but cannot upload it due to this site having an error.

What would cause this and why does it say the black ink is low, when it is a new cartridge?

Thanks,

mad_taffer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 30th, 2009 03:00

mad_taffer,

You are using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

To post your image, click on the blue PudgyOne and you'll be taken to ImageShack. You can upload your image there, then come back here, click on the filmstrip and put the direct url in the box. Your image will then post here.

Rick

7 Posts

January 30th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the insight Rick.  I am including the printout I get from the alignment page

http://en.community.dell.com/themes/dellcommunities/utility/

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 31st, 2009 03:00

mad_taffer,

It sure looks like black is not working. Check these settings. Start control panel, printers and faxes, advanced, more options and check those boxes. Make sure complete-a-print boxes are unchecked. If they wer unchecked, then I'd have to ask, what happens when you scan a black & white document on the scanner glass? Is this only when printing from a computer or is it when you scan a document? FYI, I have a 964 attached to a 3300.

Rick

7 Posts

February 4th, 2009 06:00

I can try to scan a black and white document.  That would be an interesting test.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Appreciate you helping me figure this out.

Thanks,

mtaffer

No Events found!