Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

24 Posts

September 28th, 2018 09:00

Please let us have different sleep settings on E525w.

As the subject says...

I want to like our E525W printers. I really do. They print nice. But they take FOREVER to wake up.

Our issue with these printers is that my users complain about the length of time the unit takes to "wake up" from deep sleep. I get log messages in my switch about the printer disconnecting. It really can't be that hard to modify the firmware to either disable or allow for a longer sleep setting, and also to permit disabling the deep sleep feature. Please. We need to be able to do this.

If there is a secret way to disable this on the E525W or an experimental firmware, please let me know.

It was suggested to disable smnp. I have disabled snmp v1/v2. I don't see what difference this would make. Regardless, it won't let me disable both snmp v1/v2 and also smnp v3.

If not, whom should I contact in order to formally request that this be addressed? Is such a thing even possible?

• 

16.7K Posts

September 28th, 2018 10:00

mtoal94769,

Open the operator printer menu then, Admin Menu -system settings there are some settings you can set for power saving.  Unfortunately, there is no firmware to disable the  printer entering power saving mode. I will forward your request to the printer product team. Also, you can click the link below to download the online manual for settings as well as other information that may be helpful. 

Dell E525w Printer Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

System Settings

Power Saver Timer To specify the time for transition to power saver mode.

Values:

Power
Saver Timer

Enter 5 in Sleep to put the printer in the power saver timer mode 5 minutes after it finishes a job. This uses less energy, but requires more warm-up time for the printer. Enter 5 if your printer shares an electrical circuit with room lighting and you notice lights flickering.

Select a high value if your printer is in constant use. In most circumstances, this keeps the printer ready to operate with minimum warm-up time. Select a value between 5 and 30 minutes for the power saver timer mode if you want a balance between energy consumption and a shorter warm-up period.

The printer automatically returns to the standby mode from the power saver timer mode when it receives data from the computer. You can also return the printer to the standby mode by pressing any button on the operator panel.

Auto Reset To automatically reset the settings on the operator panel to the defaults and return to the standby mode after you do not specify any settings for the specified time.

Values: 45 sec*, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min.

24 Posts

September 28th, 2018 11:00

Let me also add, I am using:

Driver: Dell Color MFP E525w PCL6 x64 version 1.0.2.2

Firmware: 01.04.07.10.3836

24 Posts

September 28th, 2018 11:00

Thanks, Jesse.

Yes, the printer has a 5 to 30 minute time range for sleep, and also a 1 to 6 minute range for deep sleep. I have these set to maximums (30 minutes and 6 minutes). I'd like to be able to specify a longer time for regular sleep, m minimally 60 minutes or longer, and also to disable deep sleep entirely.

I am certainly not a programmer, but I would think this is something that seems like it would be easily possible for the product team to implement via a future firmware update. I see a number of other users are also frustrated with these settings, which have resulted in network disconnections, failure to awaken from sleep, needing to power cycle the printer, etc. and I encourage the product team to please consider our feedback in order to improve this product. I would be willing to beta test if this would be helpful.

1 Message

December 2nd, 2018 11:00

Completely agree with the OP.  Please provide a means to disable the deep sleep option. 

For home use, the printer needs an option that keeps the wireless network card enabled and connected.  It is extremely annoying when it goes to sleep and disconnects from the wireless network.  It is therefore unavailable to print to from mobile devices, desktops, and laptops. 

January 18th, 2020 12:00

I also agree with OP

I have to go manually wake the NIC up by going to the printer and pushing the WiFi button. Please fix this.

No Events found!