Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2013 07:00

Printhead not supported by All in One

Hi,

Yesterday my Dell V310 printer started scrolling this message, "The printhead is not supported by All in One." What does that mean and how do I fix it? 

This morning I opened the printer cover to explore and now when I turn the printer on it tells me to install a printhead. Is that what needs to be done to correct the problem?

In the little bit of research that I did, Dell v310 don't seem to be abundantly used. Is that because they are an older model or do they have a lot of problems? I'm just wondering because ours sure has.

Thanks for your help.

Trish

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 17th, 2013 13:00

Hi Trish,

Please remove the printhead out of the printer and check if the same error message occurs.

Firmware update for the printer should take care of the problem.

To update the Firmware software for the Printer follow the below steps:

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable, Firmware should be updated after removing the PrintHead. Use the below link which has the steps to remove Printhead: http://dell.to/13SiM1m

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
  2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
  3. Open this link in the computer: http://dell.to/11ngkfL
  4. Select the operating system of the computer from the list of options.
  5. Under the Firmware, select the right Firmware according to the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
  6. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware software.
  7. Reinsert the Printhead and try printing and check.

Please reply for further help.

2 Posts

September 18th, 2013 09:00

Thank you for your help. I followed your directions and updated the Firmware software. However, when I reinserted the printhead and cartridges, the same error message was there. Do you have further direction?

Thanks,

Trish

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 19th, 2013 15:00

Hi Trish,

Please remove the printhead out of the printer and check for the message, if the message says to reinstall the printhead, the printer is working fine and printhead needs to be replaced.

If the message reports “The printhead is not supported” even after the printhead is out of the printer, the issue is with the printer and the printer needs to be replaced.

Please check and post the results.

No Events found!